I'm fine honestly!

"I might have..." You mumbled, this only made Nines's frown deepen at you.

"No you did lie." Nines stated while tilting his head to the side, you had lied to Connor. You weren't leaving anytime soon at all you were staying right where you were. "I did lie..." You whispered out.

"Why did you lie? Was it something to do with your conversation with RK800 earlier?" Nines questioned as he rolled his chair closer to yours, his head dipping down slightly to get a better look at your face. "No it's nothing to do with that... I'm not leaving tonight. You're welcome to go home though... I'll give you my key." You told Nines as you struggled to pull the key from your jacket.

One of his hands stopped yours as your eyes flicked upwards to look at Nines. "If you are staying then I am also staying." Nines informed you as he pulled your hand from out of your pocket. "However I would like to inquire as to why you plan to stay late."

"Oh I'm not just staying late... I'm staying all night long... I'm going to look through every piece of evidence we have. I need to do more." You explained to Nines whose LED began to flash between red and yellow.

"Very well, we shall stay all night long. I must insist that we leave to get some dinner for you however." Nines said a smile forming on his face, you really weren't surprised at the fact Nines was going to stay. He wasn't the type of person to leave you behind. "Obviously... I'm not going to starve." You laughed, Nines stood from his chair and picked the mug you had tea in up from the desk. "Where are you going?"

"You are going to need a lot of tea to get through the night, starting with the one I am about to go and make you." Nines commented as he lifted the mug up a bit higher, this only made you smile at him thankfully. 'How did I manage to get a partner so perfect like Nines?' You wondered while staring at Nines. "Also you should probably inform the Captain that we plan on staying the night to go through evidence."

"I'll do that right now..." You responded as Nines turned away and moved away towards the break room.

Standing from your chair you move towards Fowlers office and knock on the door, a quiet 'come in' sounded out, so you opened the door and stepped inside.

"Detective L/N, hasn't your shift ended already?" Fowler asked as he pressed his back against his chair. "It has... but I'm staying... me and Nines are staying the night. We're going to look through all the evidence. So I'll probably be tired for my shift tomorrow." You told Fowler who nodded seeming impressed by what you said.

"Do whatever you want, just be careful Gavin is on the night shift tonight. So he'll be around for a little while." Fowler said which made you let out a loud huff.

"Hopefully we'll be down in the Evidence Archive while he's here." You muttered pushing yourself off of the back of the chair you were leaning on, then looking at Fowler you say. "Have a good evening Jeffery."

"You too, Y/N."

With that you left his office behind and moved back towards your desk, Nines wasn't back yet so you just sat down into your chair to wait. You didn't have to wait long as you caught sight of Nines walking towards you holding a mug of tea. He placed the mug down in front of you and then sat down besides you, a soft smile on his face.

"Thank you, Fowler said that Gavin is on the night shift tonight so don't be surprised if you bump into him at some point this evening." You told Nines as you lazily slouched forward in your chair to prop your elbows onto the desk. "I see, I highly doubt he will find himself in the Evidence Archive however, that would require him to actually do his job would it not?" Nines asked with a small smirk on his face, in trying to hold your laughter it just came out as a snort instead.