Okay... what about this?

25 minutes later

Once Nines realised you were just teasing him, he began to sulk but still watching you intently. He didn't think you noticed. But you did. Nines had held off from asking you about your conversation with Hank until you finished your ice cream, now he was asking questions.

"He called you about RK800?" Nines asked while the two of you walked hand in hand, you leading Nines to a shop you wanted to go to. "He did... he said he'd find out why Connor had been acting the way he has been today..." You answered as Nines nodded, his LED glowing a bright yellow colour.

"And what is that reason? He was being very rude towards you for no reason." Nines said to you as he glanced down at you a look of curiosity on his face.

"He told Hank it's because he was worried about me and that he felt like I had been ignoring him." You mumbled letting out a loud breath of air, that's when his hand squeezed yours tightly. His LED started to flash red now. "How can he say that? He is so infuriating, he has ignored you for the whole day. You on many occasions tried to converse with him yet he chose not to speak." Nines said angrily, his face also morphing to one of anger.

"Hey... don't worry about it. We came out together to make me happy... you being angry doesn't make me happy." You told him as you bumped your hip into him, at first his expression didn't change until you held his gaze for a few moments. Slowly his expression began to soften. "You are correct, this is about you. Not him. Just you." Nines sighed as he began to confidently walk forward at a faster pace, making you pick up your speed too.

"No it's about us... we came out together to have a good time." You corrected making him look over at you with a very soft smile on his lips, the look in his eyes once again becoming unreadable. "I am very much enjoying my time with you, it has been very fun so far." Nines said in the distance you could see the shop you wanted to get to.

"Now you get to watch me pick out clothes and try some on." You told him with a wide grin on your face, his smile only seemed to grow at that.

The moment you both entered the shop he just let you lead him wherever you wanted to go, which you were more than happy to do. Thankfully for you Nines was also happy to carry anything you wanted to try on, the smile on his face didn't drop at all while you walked around the shop.

"You currently have five outfits to try on, are you wanting to find more or would you prefer to try these on now?" Nines asked after you had been staring at the same piece of clothing for over two minutes, this seemed to snap you out of your trance. "I'd like to try them on now, did you want anything?" You questioned him as his eyes widened, then he shook his head vigorously.

"No. This shopping trip was for you, I will be fine for now. But I may want some more clothes later... if that is okay... perhaps when we have a day off so I have more time... I do not know..." Nines rambled his voice fading near the end, his eyes also dropped to the ground and you just couldn't believe how cute he looked right now.

"That's fine, next time we're off work me and you are doing a big shopping trip for you. I'll uh... make space in my wardrobe for you... well try to." You chuckled as he began to laugh but nodded anyway, you had no idea how you'd make space but for him you were willing to try. "I very much appreciate that, I do not think I will be ready to get rid of my uniform anytime soon." Nines said as you both headed towards the changing rooms for you to try the clothes on.

"But you're considering getting rid of it?" You asked with a questioning look on your face.

"I would not literally get rid of it. I mean I may stop wearing it at some point and fully move to wearing normal clothes... you said I look good in normal clothes..." Nines mumbled seeming to become unsure of what he had just said, but he wasn't wrong and you did think that. "You do look good in more human clothes, but you also look good in your uniform. I call dibs on your jacket when you stop wearing it, it's pretty comfy." You said with a very serious look on your face and you were serious that jacket would be yours the moment he stopped wearing it.