I'm screwed

You awoke to someone nudging you, softly, opening your eyes you look up only to be staring in the bright blue eyes of Nines. Lifting one of your hands up you rub the sleep from your eyes, before then yawning.

"You have been asleep for four hours, however I could tell that your body was becoming extremely hungry. So I woke you up." Nines said while you let your eyes focus back on him, only nodding your head at him. "Would you like me to go and make you some food?"

"No... cuddle me, Nines." You replied pushing your face down onto his chest, another tired yawn escaping you. You felt his arms wrap around you tighter but it was still comfortable.

This is what you liked about Nines.

When you first met him, he never would have showed you any form of affection and vice versa. You never would have let him hold you close or lay beside you while you slept. But now he seemed to almost enjoy affection and was always giving you some form of it.

"You are very warm." Nines mumbled as he brushed his hand along your waist, his hand accidentally landing onto some of your bare skin. He obviously noticed what he had done and began retracting his hand from the spot of bare skin. "I will pull that down for you."

"You don't have to..." You whispered out as you felt him tugging at the end of your vest top, pulling it back over your bare skin. "I do, I do not want to seem disrespectful to you. I respect you a lot, Y/N." Nines responded as his fingers let go of your vest top and he placed his hand back onto your now covered waist.

"Thank you..."

You and Nines just laid there cuddling one another with your head pressed against his chest listening to the alluring beat of his version of a heart, he seemed heavily content right now. Absentmindedly you started to tap the sound of his heartbeat onto his chest, which he began to copy and tapped it onto your waist. That's when you realised what you had been doing.

"Sorry..." You apologised.

"Do not apologise, what were you tapping anyway? A song?" Nines inquired and you felt the embarrassment creeping in, how were you going to tell him that was his heartbeat?

"No it's wasn't... it was something much nicer than a song..." You told him not wanting to reveal what it was.

"Then what was it?" Nines asked you, you couldn't see his face but you knew his eyes were on you. 'Just tell him.' You told yourself.

"Your heartbeat... well your version of one." You admitted hearing the exact heartbeat you were mentioning seem to skip a few beats before return to its regular alluring pace. "You were tapping my heartbeat out onto my chest?" Nines questioned as he shifted below you and pulled your face up to look at his.

"Mhm..." Is all you could respond with.

Nines didn't say anything he only smiled at you with an odd look in his eyes, he then brushed some of your hair from your face.

"Can you make me some food, please?" You asked Nines who didn't hesitate to nod at you, untangling your bodies from one another he stood up and moved towards your door. "Stay in bed I will not be long." Nines called out as your door opened and then closed a few seconds later.

Nines had made you a meal that you had never tried before but always wanted to try and you had to admit it was quite amazing, you could hear him in the kitchen currently as he left your bedroom door open. He had let you eat while sat up straight in bed, telling you it was a one time thing.

You had also just finished your drink and wanted to be helpful, so you stood from your bed and slowly made your way out of the room and towards the kitchen. As soon as you entered you saw that Nines's hair was still messy and he had the sleeves to his hoodie rolled up and from behind he just looked so much like a... Deviant. Someone who wanted be more human and express himself.