You ass

"No, he's right... you look like complete shit." Hank pointed out, while literally making an air circle around your face. Giving him a dead look you fold your arms and pushed your lips together, unimpressed.

"Wow thanks... fucker..." You grumbled before looking back over to Connor.

"Don't worry about me, I'm completely fine." You reassured him, but Connor of course looked completely unconvinced. "You are not, you are exhausted I can tell." Connor commented an extremely concerned look on his face. 'Come on Nines, step in to help me' You begged inside your head hoping that Nines would somehow know that's what you wanted.

"Detective L/N struggled to sleep last night, she was very restless. She ended up in the living room with me, I gave her many suggestions yet none of them worked." Nines lied, but this only made Connor's face soften but the worry in his eyes stayed. "She slept for two hours and twenty minutes in total, so she shall be very slow and unfocused today."

"That is not much sleep... maybe you should go home. Catch up on some sleep." Connor said his eyes focused on only you.

"I'll be okay, Connor." You told him before looking away from him and towards Nines who was already looking towards you, instantly you had to bite down onto your tongue to stop yourself from laughing when Nines winked at you. 'Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh.' You persisted inside your head, the wink was very forced and weird just like the first time Connor had ever winked. Seeing Nines do it just made it more funny.

"No idea how you're gonna function on that much sleep, definitely don't let her have a weapon today." Hank joked but you were really just too tired to retaliate to his jokes which he noticed. "She's so tired she can't even argue with me."

"Or maybe she's just sick and tired of hearing your voice, Hank." Connor said with a shrug as Hank turned to glare at Connor, who just stared back at him. "I'm sick and tired of hearing yours yet I still let you talk." Hank retaliated which only caused Connor to roll his eyes at him.

"Y/N, are you feeling okay?" Nines whispered out as his hand reached out to place itself in its usual spot. Your thigh. "I'm just really tired, Nines, I feel like I could fall asleep at any moment." You admitted your voice hushed while Connor and Hank continued their back and forth.

"Perhaps we should speak to the Captain, I can probably convince him to let us go home." Nines offered and it was a sweet idea, but you had to work you couldn't just go home because you were tired. "I'll be okay, just hope I don't have to chase anyone today." You whispered back with a breathy laugh.

"Very well." Nines said before going quiet, his hand gliding up and down your thigh.

"You know I was going to suggest that me and you go drinking tonight, Y/N, but maybe another night now." Hank said catching your attention, looking over at him you gave him a sad look. It had been awhile since you spent anytime with Hank. "Maybe another night? I'm just going to go home and pass out later." You asked, it would have been nice to go out.

"Sure, we bringing the weirdos though?" Hank asked as he pointed between Nines and Connor, Nines seemed completely uninterested in what was being said whereas Connor looked offended that Hank had said he looked weird. "I don't know... depends if they want to come... Nines would you want to?" You asked instantly knowing what his response would be.

But all he did was shrug at you, his head seemed to be somewhere else at the moment and you had no idea what was going on. Looking over at Connor you waited for his response, even though it was still awkward... even more so after yesterday you still didn't mind hanging out with him and Hank. Hank would keep him grounded.

"I'd like to come, we have not spent much time together recently." Connor said as he smiled softly, then looked back to his terminal.

"I will accompany you, Y/N, knowing the Lieutenant it will involve alcohol. So it is best that I come so that you have someone to rely on when drunk." Nines said his fingertips digging into your thigh to grab your attention, looking over to him you nod. "So not tonight, maybe tomorrow night if Y/N doesn't still look like death." Hank suggested then clapped his hands together.