You're...

"Nines, answer me!" You exclaimed while he just stared at you.

He was crying.

Nines was sat on a chair at the table and he was crying, the voice recorder still in his hand.

"Nines..." You muttered as you approached the table and pulled one of the chairs out putting it in front of Nines.

His LED was glowing red while he stared at you in shock, the moment you sat down he lifted his free hand to his face and wiped away the evidence of his crying. But there was no hiding it because you'd already seen him crying,

"Nines... talk to me..." You demanded reaching out to Nines's free hand that he'd just pulled away from his face. "I-I cannot... l-listen to it any-anymore..." Nines breathed out as he dropped the voice recorder onto the table, an extremely sad look in his eyes.

"Nines... are you a... I mean have you... have you Deviated?" You asked in complete disbelief from seeing him cry, that was one thing you never thought you'd see Nines do.

Nines just sat there in silence, the LED on his temple glowing red, while he stared into a space right in front of him.

"Nines, have you Deviated?" You asked again as he looked up at you properly, gently nodding his head yes. "Just now? You just Deviated?" You questioned as the look in Nines's eyes changed, another tear tumbled down from his eye.

It was clear he was ashamed to talk about it and it was just making him more upset, standing up you close the door and move back over to him. You were now stood beside him placing your right hand onto his left cheek you pull his face towards your stomach. Nines didn't fight you instead just let his cheek land onto your stomach.

"It's okay, Nines, I know you're probably confused." You soothed while running your fingertips across the cheek that wasn't pressed up against your stomach.

"No... I'm not... I feel... g-guilty..." Nines mumbled as he pulled his face away from your stomach and looked up at you his face was very guilt ridden. "Why do you feel guilty?" You questioned him worry filling your mind.

"I-I did not just Deviate..." Nines mumbled as he looked away from you.

"What do you mean? But... you're... you're a Deviant though right?" You asked now feeling more confused than anything else, had Nines not actually Deviated?

"I am a Deviant... yes... but it did not just happen now..." Nines answered as you took a seat opposite him once more, making him look away even more. "You mean you've been... a Deviant for longer?" You questioned feeling so many of your own emotions surface in your mind.

"Yes..."

"How long?" You asked but he stayed completely silent as his gaze stayed away from you, you were trying to stay calm and not be mad at Nines. It was clear he was struggling... he hadn't fully come to terms with the fact he was a Deviant. "Nines... you need to tell me..."

"Please do not be mad at me... Y/N..." Nines begged as he looked back to you his eyes wide with fear in them.

"I won't be... please Nines tell me when..."

"When we were attacked..." Nines admitted making your mouth drop open, shock filled you. 'He's been a Deviant this whole time?' You wondered to yourself, while staring at him. "I was just so angry... my software wanted me to put you at risk and I could not do it. I did not want to put your life at risk. So I went against it."

"You said you'd tell me, Nines..." You mumbled utterly confused and upset, he'd promised to tell you when he Deviated. But he didn't.

"I know, but I was scared... I thought Connor would make you get rid of me... because he does not like me... and then when you both broke up you were too upset and I knew you would be mad at me... it was just easier to pretend to be a machine still..."