Baato Hi Baato me - 7 ♡

AT FUNCTION

Aahan Pov

"Did you call me, Mom?" Aahan said as he entered the room.

"Well, we were discussing something," his mother began, glancing at her husband as if asking for his approval, and he simply nodded.

"We were thinking about your marriage," his mother added solemnly.

"Mom, here too? Let the person getting married think about it. Don't drag me into this topic."

"Well, Krish is 26 now, and he's going to be a married man today, and look at you," his mother said as she looked at him.

"Ah, Mom, I know, but I'm only 28," he remarked as he sat on a sofa with his father.

"So what? Are you never going to get married?" his father asked with frustration, which left Aahan silent as he thought about Srishti. He liked her and didn't want to forget her, so how could he marry someone else?

"I will, Dad, but not right now. It's too soon for that," he added as he made his way to the door.

"Rekha, this lazy fellow won't do anything. We'll have to do something about it. He's already 28," his father replied. In response, Rekha just nodded and followed her son out of the room.

As she was leaving, someone bumped into her.

"Oh, auntie, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I didn't see you, and I hope I didn't hurt you," a panicked girl said.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's alright," Rekha replied, looking at the girl, who was undeniably beautiful. "I was actually looking for Aahan, but I found someone else. She's so lovely."

"I'm reall-" the girl tried to say, but Rekha interrupted her in the middle of her sentence.

"It's okay," Rekha replied, patting her head with a blessing smile.

As the girl left after making sure Rekha was okay, Rekha headed towards the function and noticed that her son was constantly glancing in a certain direction.

Seeing what he was looking at, she became puzzled because he was staring at the fading figure of Srishti.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Rekha said mockingly.

He merely mumbled, lost in his daydream.

"Why don't you talk to her about your marriage?" Rekha asked, her eyes fixed on her son.

"Wha-what? I was just looking at her, Mom," he stammered, realizing that something was amiss.

"Sure, sure," she said, and he blushed.

SRISHTI POV