Chapter 1 - Arriving.

"Right, everyone. I know that the bus journey was long, but I assure you that the hotel is just on this lovely, quiet meadow right over here!" The teacher grinned as she looked down at a swarm of agitated teenagers.

It was a beautiful, calm day in spring, and everything was easy going and pleasant. The land was alive with activity, and they were all eager about the trip, but the travel was horrible and long, depriving them of their excitement. Instead, it was taken over by gangs of bored, exhausted kids.

"Ugh! My feet hurt," A random student grumbled from the rear of the crowd. They looked up at the teacher with bloodshot eyes. "I'm starting to think this trip wasn't worth it."

"Yeah!" Another student called angrily, agreeing with the most recent complaint, "I can't believe my parents paid $50 for me to partake in this crap."

...

Hailey rubbed her eyes slowly and yawned, she tuned out the many people ranting in the background, because she couldn't deal with it. In reality, she was way too exhausted, the bus trip was more like a trip to hell. People kept yelling all night, others allowed the bus to fill up with the stench of their own puke. But what else did she expect from a bus full of relentless highschoolers.

She turned her head to Milly, who was standing right next to her. Unsurprisingly, she was still her normal, energetic self, practically jumping up and down. She laughed as she tugged rapidly at Zander's arm, "Aren't you just so excited? I heard there was a massive theme park in this town!"

Zander groaned, his headache throbbed madly, and it made him even more grumpier than usual, "For goodness sake Milly, will you shut up? I am not wasting my time on your immaturity right now."

Milly's smile faded as a frown formed across her face, "Jeez, cheer up."

"Cheer up? I have not had any sleep, because of these imbeciles." Zander stated, trying to argue back at Milly's point, which to his point of view, he found very rude.

Milly started to squabble with Zander, picking on each other's opposite personalities and turning it into a big deal, as per usual. Sean and Luke casually tried to calm the situation down, in an orderly routine as it happens once or twice a day.

Hailey sighed and shook her head thinking to herself, 'When will these two ever learn?' After, she turned to Jake who was browsing his phone, half dead, half alive, probably because of the forbidden bus trip, anyways, she decided to catch up with him as she didn't get the chance to talk with him in a while because her and Sean were composing music throughout the bus trip, whilst Jake and Milly were practically partying.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" Hailey smiled sweetly at Jake, who slowly looked up.

Jake smiled back, "Just wondering to myself why I decided to go crazy with Milly instead of sleeping on that dumb trip ma'am."

Hailey sighed and muttered, "I have a name y'know? It's Hailey. H A I L E Y."

"I know, but ma'am sounds formal, so it's kinda funny. Learn to take a joke bozo." He replied, punching her softly on the shoulder.

"Oh shut up." Hailey grunted, giving Jake a death stare, "You know I'm way funnier than you, I just save my jokes, because they're too good to be used on people like you."

Jake laughed as he grinned, "You sound like Zander."

"Yeah, I gue-"

"We're here!" The teacher grinned - cutting off Hailey, showing their school to the hotel, but it was odd. It was dark and dreary, contrasting the surroundings around it. Haunting. Fearful. Deadly.

Silence struck the crowds, they looked at the hotel in pure terror - why would they be sent to live here for the next week? It took minutes, that felt like hours, for someone to quietly but bravely raise their voice.

"It looks like a serial killer's home."

Students started to mutter and grumble under their breaths, in unease, thinking a ghost or a dead spirit would overhear, making them their victims throughout dusk. The tone in all the club's members changed too, especially Zander, who put on a sarcastic attitude.

...

"Ah yes Milly! This trip is going to be so surreal!" He praised, stretching out his arms like he was doing a grand reveal of a magnificent new building, but instead he was doing it to a diminishing tower of suffering.

"This hotel seems off." Sean shivered, looking at his fellow friends, "Maybe we should go home..."

"Home is far away." Hailey sighed, "Plus, there is no way the teachers would let us go alone. It won't be that bad guys, the school would be sued if they sent us to a death trap of a hotel. We're going to be fine, let's just sleep it off in the hotel later today and have fun tomorrow."

"I agree." Luke waved to the club in reassurance, "It can't be that bad."

"And if there are ghosts, we can befriend them and haunt the people who wronged us!" Jake yelled happily, drawing attention to everyone around him, he went red and laughed, "J-Just joking! Haha..!"

...

"Maria? Call my dad, right NOW!" The blonde girl screamed, pushing her phone in the hand of her confused friend who was staring at her.

"Girl, can't you call him yourself?" She responded, raising her eyebrow, "Plus, I don't understand why you wanna go home..-"

"I WANNA GO HOME BECAUSE THIS PLACE LOOKS LIKE A DISGUSTING RUN DOWN MESS! I swear, I will get a deadly DISEASE if I inhale one puff of carbon dioxide!" Zoey ranted, drawing attention to the ones around her. She used to have a great reputation before, but after being exposed by her arch nemesis Jake, she was at the bottom of the school, everyone looked down on her - leaving only Maria to stay loyal to her.

"Don't we inhale oxygen?..-"

"JUST CALL MY DAD!!!"

...

And there they went, students ranging from Drew, to Hailey to Zoey to even Stacy all walked in; some were begging to leave and the others were willing to stay. Some thought this was their end, and others thought people were being dramatic and they would be fine.

It's undeniable though, that all their lives would change forever on this trip.  

READ!!!!

Thank you for reading this, I hope you enjoyed! I know this chapter was a little short and boring, but I wanted to introduce the context on this fan fiction before we get into the juicy stuff. I promise next chapter will be way more fun to read - and way more longer. 

Credits: Princess + Rain (Ty for helping with this chapter). 

All characters belong to RosyClozy and her series "The Music Freaks". 

Made: 13/03/23