Chapter 8 - Alliances.

"So... What are you studying?" Stacy asked, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Sports and Health."

"That sounds interesting. I guess that links with your football hobby?" Stacy responded.

"Yeah... I wanna pursue something linked with sports." Drew explained, "I don't know. It's the only thing I feel happy with about my life right now."

"What do you mean..?" Stacy questioned, in a worried tone.

"Well. I was obviously... Not the nicest person, so I had 2 friends leave me. Also my girlfriend Zoey cheated on me and during this hotel stay she's been telling me and others to uh- do horrible stuff. I did it, but now I realise it was way too far and now I feel really guilty."

Stacy gasped with sorrow, and she placed her hand on Drew's, "It's okay. Me, Daisy and Sadie will treat you well."

Drew smiled, and his cheeks turned a faint pink, and he wondered to himself 'Why am I going so pin- Wait...'

From afar was Sadie and Daisy, they were watching Drew and Stacy from across the room, pretending to mind their own business.

"Aw! I so ship it!" Daisy screamed with joy.

"Didn't they meet two seconds ago?" Sadie raised an eyebrow.

"SHUSH. Don't ruin it...!" Daisy angrily muttered, covering Sadie's mouth.

"Wait..." Daisy thought before shouting over to Drew, "Drew?"

He turned to Daisy and gave her a 'what' look.

"Have you seen any other survivors?" She questioned, "Maybe we could meet with them?"

Drew gulped, what he did to Hailey rushed back to him, but his words escaped his mouth, "Uh- Yeah.. The club, the music club, they're alive.. But I don't think they're too happy with me right now.."

"Didn't you say you wanted to change?" Sadie asked, staring into Drew's soul.

Drew, who wasn't used to Sadie's personality panicked and stuttered, "W-Well! Yeah! I can lead you to their room!"

"That sounds GREAT!" Daisy squealed, jumping up.

Drew felt conflicted, he didn't want to see the club after what he did, but he did it, it wasn't fair to hold others back due to his petty actions.

...

"They should be in that room." Drew said, pointing to a random door.

"Oh okay!" Daisy smiled, timidly knocking on the door, praying the club opened it.

Slowly the door creaked open, a trembling member of the club towered over them, it was Sean.

"Daisy, Sadie, Stacy and... Drew." Sean smiled nervously, "You're alive!"

"Yeah! Can we come in?" Daisy smiled.

Sean looked behind him and sorrowfully gasped, "I don't know... We found Elliot dead this morning so everyones upset and shaken up..."

Daisy gulped, "W-What! I'm so sorry. I beg you to let us in. I promise we can help..."

Sean thought for a second and sighed, "Fine... But I don't want Drew causing any trouble."

"He won't." Stacy chimed in, "He's trying to change!"

Drew blushed in embarrassment and whispered to Stacy, "You don't need to announce it."

Stacy giggled, "Don't worry. I won't anymore."

...

"Hey guys, we have new people joining us. Maybe an alliance?" Sean explained, looking at the now shocked and tense group of teenagers, who stared at Drew.

"Drew? Absolutely not." Zander said without hesitation, "And Stacy. HAHAH."

Hailey looked to the side, upset, quiet and miserable. She held her head as it started to ache from the flashbacks that infected her mind. Her head meeting the bat. Being hurt. Being forced to give information she didn't even know of. Pleading for freedom.

She met eyes with Drew who looked at her with guilt. She gave him an angry stare but stated in contrast, "Let him in. It's fine."

Everyone looked at Hailey in shock, even Drew. Nobody expected her to accept Drew after everything he did throughout her life.

"Fine. But I swear if you hurt anyone I will-" Zander began to shout before Luke interrupted him.

"Don't worry Zander, he won't." Luke tried to reassure him, "Hailey was right about Jake, wasn't she?"

Zander nodded slowly, looking at the ground.

"I need to chat with Drew, just to make sure." Hailey coughed, as she dragged Drew out of the room.

...

Drew gulped, him and Hailey were alone in the hallway, he was scared. He looked down at her scars and bruises and sighed, "Hailey look-"

"Listen here. I will trust you." Hailey coldly interrupted, before pulling Drew by the collar, "But if you hurt anyone in that room. I will not hesitate to kick you out and stab you."

Drew froze, "Wha-"

"Also. There is no talk about what you did to me the other day." Hailey continued, "Agreed?"

Drew nodded frantically, "Yes."

"Good!" She smiled, quickly changing moods.

She walked back inside the room, Drew took a deep breath, trying to process what just happened, and he followed her back inside.

Jake raised an eyebrow, to Drew's unsettled attitude, and he approached Hailey, "What happened between you and Drew. He was never scared of you before-"

Hailey looked around and groaned, "I- I can't say Jake."

Jake placed his hand on her shoulder and muttered, "Please, you can trust me.."

Hailey looked up at Jake's worried eyes and broke, "Fine. I'll tell you soon. Just give me time."

Jake smiled and hugged her, "Thank you."

Hailey started to feel a grin form, she felt safe and happy with Jake, and she whispered, "Just promise not to tell anyone."

"I won't tell. I promise."

Date: 07/05/23

Words: 889