Chapter 7 - A mistake leads to death

"AAAAAAAAAAAA OMG MILLY WAKE UP." Lia screamed, shaking Milly violently until she opened her eyes.

Milly quickly gasped and sat up, "What happened Lia? Are you okay?"

Lia's eyes started to swell up, as she pointed to Elliot's lifeless body. Milly's eyes widened in shock and fear as she rapidly escaped her bed, running over to Elliot's body, his chest was bloody with a deep wound.

"No... NO!" Milly screamed, she started to sob and she yelled, "ELLIOT WAKE UP."

Lia walked over to the door and sighed, "I'll go uh- get the others. I'm sorry.."

She was alone, with her crush's dead body next to her. Alone... But suddenly, she felt everything go blank...

...

???'s POV:

Darkness.. How I enjoyed it. Finally, power as the lights went out. My victims were ready.

I found a weapon. Walked around. Until I found...

Him.

I lunged the knife into his chest and out again, letting him bleed, I killed him immediately.

He was dead.

...

Milly was freaked out, what was that, why did she see that. She held her head in confusion and screamed. Why did the killer want to make her life a misery? This isn't fair. Why her? Why Elliot?

"Milly? Milly!" Sean screamed, running over to Milly and dragging her away from Elliot, "Are you okay?"

"Get away." The pink haired devil said with emotion, she marched past everyone. She wanted space. Alone.

The group watched Milly leave, and looked down, "I feel bad." Jake sighed.

However, Hailey was observing, and then she laughed.

"What the hell, Hailey, why are yo-" Zander said before being cut off.

"The killer left their weapon, meaning if we find some way to check the fingerprints we will know the murderer." Hailey explained, pointing to the knife next to Elliot on the bed.

"That's a good point."

"Does anyone have anything we can use to pick up the knife without getting fingerprints on it?" Hailey asked, looking around at the group who were full of trauma and paranoia,

"I think I have some gloves?" Lia stated, "I brought them in case it got cold during the trip."

"That'll work." Hailey responded, "Could you go get them?"

"Sure." Lia nodded, walking out of the room.

"I'm going to see Milly." Jake exclaimed.

"Me too." Luke and Sean said in union.

"If Luke is going, I'm going." Zander whined, clinging onto Luke's hand.

Hailey gulped, "I don't want to be left alone, come on guys."

Zander groaned, upset to see his sister scared, "I'll stay."

Hailey smiled and mouthed, "Thank you."

...

A couple minutes later, Lia came back with gloves, "Here Hailey."

Hailey pulled on the gloves, the room was silent, making her stomach tense up with nerves. She sighed as she picked up the knife slowly, she inspected the dry blood on the tip of the knife. Suddenly, an intrusive thought flashed her mind.