Chapter 5 - Hostage

"Hailey? FOR GOODNESS SAKE HAILEY THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

Those were the words spoken by Zander that woke Jake up in a fright.

"Woah, what's going on?" Jake asked, trying to wake himself up.

"HAILEY IS GONE. SHE LEFT WITHOUT A TRACE." Zander screamed, he paced around the room, nearly in tears.

Jake's stomach fell, he felt sick, he stood up, nothing felt real to him.

"Jake, are you alright?" Luke asked, turning over to the now pale teenager.

Jake silently went to get changed, he was in shock. It was Hailey who told him they'd be safe yesterday, and now she's gone.

Minutes had past, the gang sat in a circle, they were all in fear, Hailey was the glue that kept them together, and she was dead. They felt guilt that they weren't there to save her.

Slowly, the door opened, revealing a worried looking Elliot, he looked around, "Are you guys okay?"

Milly stood up and ran to him, in tears, "Elliot... They took Hailey. She's dead."

"Wait... What?!"

He looked at the rest who were sitting on the floor, staring into space, Zander was looking away, hiding his tears. He felt remorse, and he hugged Milly, "There, there. C'mon, you haven't seen her corpse yet, maybe she's just lost."

...

"You evil bitch. LET ME GO." Hailey screamed, trying to loosen the ties around her arms and legs.

Zoey chewed her gum and looked down in disgrace at Hailey, "HAH! No."

She looked around at Maria, Henry, Liam and Drew and sighed, "Why the hell did you take me here? I did nothing wrong, why don't we just work together for once and get to safety?"

"I ain't trusting a KILLER." Maria scoffed, kicking Hailey's leg.

The teal haired teenager angrily scoffed, "YOU'RE CRAZY. I'd never murder someone."

Henry and Liam kept to the distance, still regretting their choice, however Drew had gotten into the swing of things, finally getting revenge on the girl who ripped away his best friend. It felt glorious, he'd finally won. He looked at Hailey in the eyes, she looked tired, upset, confused and most importantly scared. It was pure satisfaction.

The group watched as Hailey started to break down, tears fell from her cheeks, "Just- If you're going to kill me or hurt me, do it now. I can't do this."

"Oh we aren't going to kill you, but we will hurt you. We will pay for what you and your clown show did to the poor students and teachers." Zoey cackled, lifting up Hailey's head to meet her eyes.

She stood back, and clicked her fingers, "Maria. Hit it."

Hailey raised an eyebrow, but then saw Maria racing towards her with a bat, before she could scream, there was darkness.

...

"Maybe we could talk to other survivors?" Elliot suggested, "I know Zoey and her little gang are still roaming, along with Daisy and her friends, we just haven't bumped into each other, everyone is using their room as a 'base', so they're safe."

Milly nodded, gripping tightly onto Elliot's hand, "I hope she's alive."

Zander stood up, "We need to just search. Search all day, we search until we see her, dead or alive. I am not losing my sister."

"We'll find her darling, don't worry. Your sister is strong, she won't give up that easily." Luke reassured him.

Lia noticed Jake's silent attitude and sighed, "She'll be fine. I've known her since middle school. She is stronger than you think."