Chapter 6 - Healing wounds before tragedy.

"I've got the only first aid stuff I could find, in this box." Luke panted, like he ran back to the room.

Lia grabbed the box from him and opened it up, "Ah- Perfect, it has bandages and supplies to clean the wounds. I can put these on her."

"Why you?" Zander hissed, "I'm her brother."

"I take Health, unlike you." Lia smiled, "Meaning I know how to handle this stuff."

Zander shrugged and backed away from Hailey, allowing Lia to approach her and start working.

Jake whispered to Hailey as Lia started to sterilise the wounds - preventing infection, "Y'know, you can tell me who did it. I won't tell anyone. Promise."

"No." Hailey frowned.

"Then what can I do?" Jake sighed in guilt, he felt awful he wasn't there to help Hailey first hand, and found her hours later instead when she was already hurt.

Hailey gasped at the pain of the liquid used to clean her wounds.

"Sorry-" Lia giggled nervously, "Just know- it's supposed to hurt."

Hailey nodded and turned her head back to Jake, "You? Please fill my head with your stupidity, make me forget this crap that just happened."

"Okay Princ-"

"And with anything but that name." Hailey interrupted him, already smiling.

"It got you smiling again though..." Jake pouted.

"If I were you, I'd call him Prince, see how he'd like it." Lia grinned.

...

"I am going to scream at whoever did this to her." Zander ranted, "I don't know who is still out there surviving, but, they're getting on my NERVES."

Luke hugged his boyfriend and sighed, "Just calm down for now, your sister is pretty shaken up, she needs comfort and support right now."

Elliot opened his mouth and explained, "I know Sadie is alive, I saw her wandering alone the other day, I didn't dare ask who she was with though. She scares me."

"She scares everyone." Zander whined, "I remember that day she approached me in PE and told me she was rooting for me. Like HUH? I don't even do PE..."

"We should play something again, I mean-" Milly suggested, before being interrupted.

"PLAY? EXCUSE ME? Do you see Hailey? We can't play when someone is out for us." Zander screamed, shaking Milly rapidly.

Sean sighed, "Milly's right. We don't know where these guys are at all, we should just make sure we barricade the door tonight."

Luke smiled and gripped onto Zander's hand, "Also, it will cheer Hails up a lot."

Zander thought he didn't think this was a good idea, but he wanted to see his sister happy again, it made him sad to see his family upset. Especially Hailey, he had seen everything she'd been through - making him overprotective as hell.

"Fine..." He grumbled.

"YEAHHH!!!" Milly yelled, "SIT IN A CIRCLE GUYS, WE'RE PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE."

Suddenly, Lia spoke up and complained, "I ain't playing that because it always ends in KISSY KISSY MWAH MWAH."

"I-" Milly gasped, "HOW DARE YOU-"

"How about we don't ask 'Tell us your crush' or 'Kiss' dares/truths?" Elliot suggested.

"Fine..." Milly rolled her eyes, before jumping on the floor.

Everyone else followed and they played the game normally, until...

"Lia, truth or dare?" Milly grinned.

"Dare...?"

"I dare you to sleep in the other bedroom with me, you can pick one other person to come with us."

"WOAH?" Zander yelled, standing up, "THAT'S DANGEROUS."

"Chill, we'll do the safety stuff, we ain't dumb, plus we will be next door..?" Milly groaned, "C'mon it'll be fun."

"It's fine. I'll do it, nothing bad will happen." Lia sighed, as she stood up, "Also I pick Elliot, I guess."

"Someone's going to be third wheeling." Jake muttered under his breath.

Elliot stood up and grinned, "I trust Milly that'll we will be safe!"

Zander rolled his eyes, "Rookie mistake."

"Come on GUYS. Let's leave this party pooper!" Milly smiled sarcastically, skipping away to the next room.

Lia and Elliot followed, leaving Sean, Luke, Zander, Hailey and Jake alone. They were all silent.

Hailey gripped onto Jake's hand, making Jake go red as he whispered, "Are you okay?"

"What- What if they don't make it...? I mean look at me. I nearly died." Hailey admitted, holding tighter onto Jake's hand.

"They will be fine, trust me, Milly and Lia may not be 100% responsible, but Elliot is, he will make sure they're safe. I know it is stupid, but-"

"Exactly. It's stupid, we need to go get them now. We are in a hotel with a murderer. HELLO? We're asking for death." Hailey vented.

Jake looked to the side, he couldn't argue with her. She was right, but there was no convincing Milly and Lia it was unsafe, but he felt reassured Elliot was there. The only thing he responded with was, "Lets just all get ready to sleep, it's been a busy day."

...

"NIGHT GUYS!" Milly smirked, looking up at the dark room.

"Night-" Lia responded.

"Night!" Elliot smiled, turning off the final lamp, not knowing the protocol Zander made the other day, since he only started to hang out with the group the same day.

Short one - I know- But its about to get insane.

Wrote: 01/05/2023

851 words.