Set The Scene~Meeting A New Friend

Y/N's POV: 

My eyes slowly open as the sunlight pours into my room through the gap of my closed curtain. 

"UGH!" I don't want to go to school.

My legs are heavy as I get up out of bed, still half asleep. Through my sorrow, I trudge over to my bathroom, peeing, brushing my teeth, doing my hair, and heading back to my room to put on an outfit.

The outfit consists of a white t-shirt with a graphic from my favorite music artist, some black cargo pants with a bunch of pockets and chains on them, a silver chain, and a black beanie. I threw my favorite  black hoodie over top to keep warm and to be comfy. I put on my headphones and played some music, putting on a playlist of mine. 

I walk out of my bedroom, grabbing some breakfast consisting of a granola bar and a hash brown patty.  Sitting down at the table, I ate the patty before getting up again to grab my bag and say "goodbye." to my family before walking out of the house to wait for the school bus while taking a bite of my granola bar. As I almost finish my snack, the bus pulls up as I quickly eat the last bite of it. I hop on the bus, stuffing the garbage in my hoodie pocket. 

I take a seat next to a girl, who looks pretty neutral about going to school. I wish I could be like that. The girl looks at me with a smile saying "Hey! I'm April, what's your name?" 

My stomach churns while I respond. "Hello, the names Y/N." 

"Well, hello Y/N! What classes do you have?" April continues. I reply with my classes, to find out we have all the same classes.   

We continue talking, while I slowly warm up to April, as we learn more about each other. Shortly after, the bus rolls up to the school and we get out, splitting up to go to our lockers, before arriving at our class. 

~TIME SKIP~

"RINGGGGGGGGG"

The bell rang to signal that school was done for that day. I got up collecting my belongings before walking out of the building, before I was stopped by April running up to me, slightly out of breath.

"WAIT!" I stopped looking back at April while I have a questioning look on my face "What's your phone number? We should keep in touch!" April continued with her reasoning for stopping you. 

You looked at her for a second before giggling. "April, we go to the same school, we would keep in touch regardless. But my number is *** *** ****" You exchanged numbers before you walked back home to continue your daily routine. 

-452 words-