𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑫𝑼𝑪𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝑰 𝒌𝒆𝒑𝒕

words embrace me like a star

words embrace me in the early rising morn, cocooning to the sweet song of a bird.
words are my shadow—following every step I take.
words: the phantom of my thoughts.
words: the anchorage of my soul.
words torment the weapon of all my wounds: plundering the energy of a blade.
the words I kept; my friend and my foe.

★・・・・・・★

_________________________

𝓦 𝓮 𝓵 𝓬 𝓸 𝓶 𝓮

These are my collection of poems I've written over the years in my darkest and contemplative days. Some of them are appalling, but they slowly get better, I hope.

Each poem will contain words I held back, feelings I kept hidden, thoughts I didn't outwardly convey, and experiences I had in seclusion with the use of metaphors, imagery, and personification under different sections from the first to the last.

From the ink used by my hand to the depth of my emotions, mind, and soul, my hope is that it provokes feelings and brings a connection to your life story because wherever you are and whatever your journey entails, you are not alone, and you matter.

The truth is pain will lead us to the door that displays our raw suffering while simultaneously opening our eyes to the rawness of what we are feeling and why—and to the facades of life; there's always a lesson and tests we face, good or bad. We gain strength, wisdom, insight, and courage from our experiences, and that is a beautiful thing.

So each scar I hid, each thought I didn't utter, each feeling I didn't portray, each tear that rivered down my face at 2 am, each violence I witnessed, each confusion of the heart and heartache, each trauma I swallowed down and locked away, and all the words I failed to say but kept are mine to share to you.

Your words, their words, my words: it all comes from the soul, relationships, personal beliefs, society, upbringing, occurrences that have been faced or witnessed, etc.

Words, you are my sanctuary and my anguish, my friend and my foe.

━━━━━━━━━━༻༺━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞:

           𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 :- April 9th, 2023
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 :-

━━━━━━━━━━༻༺━━━━━━━━━━━━

All comments, thoughts, and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated. ❥

Copyright © 2023 Bree Estee, All rights reserved.

__________________