Gellert Grindelwald

"I was gifted, I was brilliant. I wanted to escape. I wanted to shine. I wanted glory. Do not misunderstand me, I loved them. I loved my parents, I loved my brother and my sister, but I was selfish, more selfish than you, who are a remarkably selfless person, could possibly imagine."

-Albus Dumbledore

——————————————————

A young man with blonde curls just arrived to Godric Hallows. Neighbors watch from their chairs and peak through window seeing the young man. They all question who the young man was; it's the first time they've seen such a fine man.

The young man walked to his great aunt home. He knocked on her door to be received by her," Gellert," he was engulf by her embrace.

"Come in," the woman greeted him inside," I am so glad you accepted to come. I heard from your mother you graduated early from Durmstrang. The family must be proud," Bathilia Bagshot is proud of his great nephew success.

Gellert smiled," That is right. I had planned to travel elsewhere, but mother mention your conversation. About a possible friend named Albus?" Gellert said.

Little did she know it was all a lie. He did however accept to come hearing about a brilliant boy name Albus. Gellert had big plans and planned to use Albus for his greater good.

"Yes, his home is right next door. He lives with his brother. Aberforth is more into Quidditch compared to Albus who is a scholar. Also, Aberforth tends to like fights, so careful in arguing with him. Right now, Aberforth is in Hogwarts, so you don't have to worry about him," Bathilia explained about the Dumbledore family.

Gellert plans to keep himself away from Aberforth and separate the brothers. He wants Albus as a loyal follower.

"Then, we have their sister Ariana. She is curious one."

"What do you mean a curious one, Aunt Bathilia?" Gellert wondered why she is considered mysterious.

"You see ever since they moved here. Ariana is forbidden to go outside of the home without supervision. Their mom, Kendra, may she rest in peace, has always been over protective of her. They would keep the girl locked up and away from people. Kendra told me the girl is a squib but I have seen the girl do magic. Which is odd," Bathilia explained the story of Ariana.

This information intrigued Gellert, he desired to know more about Ariana. He wondered why the family would keep her away from everyone?

"Ah! There she is, sweet Ariana," Bathilia pointed out the window.

Gellert's eyes stared directly at the window. He saw the brown hair girl running around the field of flowers. He has admit, Ariana is a pretty cheerful girl.

"Ari—ana, come on. We have some shopping to do," a young man yelled for the girl's attentions. Gellert suspect he was Albus

"That is Albus," Bathilia confirmed the young man being his soon to be friend .

Ariana happily ran to her brother. "I love going to the market. What things are we getting?" Ariana talk to her brother.

"Would you like to meet Albus and his sister?" Bathilia asked her nephew.

"Yes. I have a feeling Albus and I would be good friends," Gellert said.

Before Albus and Ariana could leave to shop, Bathilia called for them.

"Ms. Bagshot, what do you need?" Albus asked rudely. He didn't want to waste his time talking to the old woman.

"Hello Mrs. Bagshot. How are you today?" Ariana kindly asked. Bathilia smiled at the little girl.

"I am well child. I just wanted to introduce you my nephew. He is here," Bathilia said.

The blond hair boy came out and introduce himself," Greetings, I am Gellert, Gellert Grindelwald. It's a pleasure to meet you both," Gellert politely introduce himself with a handshake.

"I—er I am Al—bus," Albus was nervous in front of Gellert. He shyly shook his hand.

Ariana notice her brother's face turning red. "Are you sick brother?" Ariana felt his forehead.

"Um... perhaps a bit of a fever. I will be fine Ariana," Albus replied. He wasn't sick but rather crushing on the boy in front of him.

"Albus, I hope you and my nephew become well acquainted. He is here because you seem to need a friend. Why don't you show him around town," Bathilia said.

"That's a good idea, Aunt Bathilia," Gellert likes her idea. She smiled before going inside her home.

"I will be right back. I must get something before we go," Albus quickly rushed to the house. He left Ariana and Gellert alone.

Gellert stared at Ariana, breath taken by her. He has never met some girl with great natural beauty. He clear his throat to speak to her.

"Your name is Ariana, right?" Gellert asked. Ariana nodded.

"Gellert is a odd name," Ariana confessed. She has never heard a weirder name.

Gellert chuckled," It means brave with spear. Do you know what your name means?" He asked her. She shook her head having no clue.

"It means Silver," Gellert said.

"Ari, go back home. Tell Abeforth, I will be back for dinner," Albus came out.

"But you said we needed to buy groceries," Ariana insisted to explore the shops.

"Tell Abeforth to take you. I will take you next time,"Albus said wanting an excuse to spend time alone with Gellert.

Ariana frowned going inside. She is upset that Gellert ruined her day. She wanted to be in a place away from home.

"Stupid Blonde," Ariana flopped on her bed.

——————————————————

"You cannot imagine how his ideas caught me, inflamed me. Muggles forced into subservience. We wizards triumphant. Grindelwald and I, the glorious young leaders of the revolution."

-Albus Dumbledore