Special Place

A couple of months have passed since Kendra Dumbledore was buried. It had been hard for her to control her powers. Her brothers would lock her in the shelter basement to keep her strange powers from destroying the house.

Ariana didn't like it, but accepted it to not hurt her brothers. She was surrounded by darkness. She felt pain from her body. She knew she had bruises with the magic harming her.

She wanted it to be over, the pain. She felt alone; she felt no purpose; no sense of motive. She felt like Death may be the solution to her problems.

The basement door opened, a ray of sun shine hit her eyes," Can I come out, now?" She asked innocently. She couldn't stand being alone.

Aberforth found her crouch down with a few blood and a few new bruises. He nodded," Come on, let's get you cleaned up," he helped her stand.

They both walked into the house without anyone noticing them. They found Albus sitting in the Kitchen table drinking tea. "Feeling better, now?" He asked his sister.

She sat down on the chair," Yes," she quietly replied. She watched Aberforth  cleaned her wounds.

"Go upstairs and wash up," Aberforth said finishing fixing her wounds with magic. He ordered her to shower and dress for the day. Ariana obeyed.

She headed upstairs, she could hearing her brothers discussion.

"I am not sure if the basement is working for her. Everyday she gets more bruises," she heard her brother Aberforth say.

"It is necessary. Do you want her to destroy the house? Do you her to kill us next? If we are dead, who will take care of her?" Albus snapped.

Albus no longer cared for Ariana. He resented her. He wanted to leave his family, his home. But he couldn't.

Ariana knew the basement was to protect herself and her brothers. She wishes she wouldn't be suffering alone. She wished she had no confinement and live a normal life like her brothers.

She wishes she could go to Hogwarts and perhaps be a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff. All she wants, is do things on her free will. She doesn't want someone constantly watching over her and forbid her from doing things.

After she showered and dressed, she saw Albus in the kitchen," Where is Abe?" She asked her older brother.

"Tending the goats, like always," Albus didn't glance at her. He kept reading the newspaper.

"Anything new?" She asked him about the newspapers updated information.

"Just more unnecessary laws. Laws that prevent us from expose ourselves to the muggles. More arrest for those that broke the law," Albus explained his reading.

He hates the system. He wants to do something about the system. He knows he can do something about it. But he can't. He must babysit his sister.

"Oh, ok," she said. She can tell her brother is angry but not with her.

"Well, I um... I am heading to see Abe," she informed her brother.

"Make sure he doesn't try to use magic on the goats," Albus said.

Aberforth has issues with goats. He likes to test out his magic on goats. He got punished for using magic on the animal by his parents. Albus warned him to never use magic on the goats.

"Ok," Ariana ignored his words, all she wanted was fresh air. She excitedly left to the backyard to find her brother in the goat shed. She notice her brother carrying a goat. She notice his worried face.

"What is wrong?" She petted the goat.

"I think Billy is sick. Ari, take care of it. I will bring my wand," Abe handed me Billy. My brother went inside as I watch over Billy.

To Ariana, the goat looked tired. Little did she know Billy has died. A grim appeared to take the soul of the goat.

"Who are you?" Ariana asked the lord of death.

"You can see me?" Death looked surprised. This was something new to him.

"Yes, I can see you. Why wouldn't I?" She wasn't afraid of the person before her. She is confused why the cloak person ask such silly question.

"Y-you can hear me?" Death asked, still being shocked Ariana can see and hear him.

"Yes, I can hear you. Are you here to help Billy?" She asked. She hoped the dark cloak person would cure her brother's goat.

"I am here to take Billy to a special
place," Death explained. He summoned the soul of the goat out of its body.

Ariana eyes widened seeing the goat move with energy. She is happy to see Billy feel better.

"Does such place exist?" She wondered about the place Death would take Billy.

"Yes. Billy will be happy there. He will get to run around and do whatever he wishes," Death explained about heaven.

"Can I go to?" Ariana wishes to one day go to that special place. To do whatever she wishes.

"Ari!" Abe rushed to her. Ariana looked back to see the mysterious black cloak gone.

Abeforth arrived to find his goat dead. His face turn to sorrow," Billy."

"Don't worry, Abe. Billy is at the peaceful place," Ariana comforted her brother. Aberforth appreciated her words of comfort. "Thanks, Ari. I am going to miss Billy," Aberforth said.

"Me too," Ariana said. She wondered if her mother was at that special place.