|THREE|

*JAYDEN'S POV*
After the first five to six skits, it was my turn to do my first out of two performances for the night. The nerves were going up, but I knew I had this in the bag.

I smiled at the crowd as they seen me taking the stage, taking a few breathes before I started to sing into the microphone.

"You used to come and keep me company,
Tell me you love me and just me,
Oh, and it took a while to trust me,
Girl, I had to work for it,
Still, you don't judge me,
I love the way you touch me,

I'm feeling like I'm bout to lose you,
With all the shady shit I do to you,
Some things are better left unsaid,
I can't get it out my head, uh,
Better left unsaid,
Everything that I regret, uh,

No lie, girl, when I tell you, you a blessing,
Girl, just let me make corrections, yeah,
Damn, I've been stressing, yeah,
I've been really tripping, babe,
I learned my lesson, yeah,
I still need you to listen, oh babe...

Listen to me, yeah, hey,
Oh, if you'd just Let Me Explain..."

That song meant a lot to me. I wrote that song about some situations where I have done Selena wrong in the last four years of our relationship. I never said I was perfect, but I'm trying.

And no matter what, that girl still loves me.

My performance lasted about three minutes. At the end of it, the crowd went crazy with claps and cheers, along with some whistles.

After that, the show went on about a five minute break. Jenna somehow caught up with me backstage.

"I have to get ready for the next few skits, but I love the fact that you did my favorite song!"

"Yeah. I didn't even know it was your favorite, that was just planned on the set list."

I chuckled, causing Jenna to chuckle back at me. There was a few seconds of awkwardness before Jenna spoke up again.

"Right. I gotta hurry up before the show resumes. Nice job on your performance again."

That's when Jenna hurried off to her own dressing room, while I went my separate way to mine. For some reason I couldn't find Selena at the moment. But when I entered my dressing room, I seen a girl that I've been messing with for the last few weeks;

Kali Uchis.

You don't need to tell me twice

You don't need to tell me twice. I know I'm doing wrong by Selena. It's just, sometimes it's challenging staying committed to one person, especially for so long.

"Kali? What are you doing here? You can't just show up whenever I'm at, at any time! You know I have a girlfriend!"

"I'm fully aware that you have a girlfriend. You must've forgotten that you're the one sneaking around on her. And I'm here because I thought it would be funny to surprise you last minute. Are you surprised? It seems by your reaction that you are."

Kali smirked, getting up and making her way closer to me. Our faces were now two inches apart from each other's.

I know this is wrong, but I wanted her so bad..

"Kali.."

"You know you want this just as bad as I do, Jayden. You know you're just as bad as Justin Bieber. You just hate accepting it."

Those words stung my heart. Because I know that was facts. As much as I tried staying loyal to Selena, I just couldn't do it. I would fail every time. I love Selena til the death of me, but for some reason I just keep doing her wrong.

"Kali, what's the main reason you're here anyways?"

"I low key did want to see you. You're about to start filming a movie. And who knows, you might just fall for little Jennifer Ortega next."

"... First off, it's Jenna, not Jennifer. And second, what are you talking about? We just met and didn't even start filming yet."

"Exactly. You have all of this time coming up to fall in love with her. It's bound to happen, you'll be with each other for a while to finish filming the movie."

Kali pouted, wrapping her arms around my neck. I annoyingly took her hands from around me, pushing her away from me lightly.

"I love Selena."

"Oh yeah? So if that's so true, why are you here with me this second and not her? Why have you been fucking me these last few weeks?"

"Kali, please get out. I need to get ready for the rest of this show. Okay?"

"Whatever, Jayden. We both know that once you grow lonely again and Selena's not doing it for you anymore, you'll call me back. See you soon, lover."

Kali smirked, kissing my lips lightly before she walked out of my dressing room. I sighed and shook my head before I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Jenna standing there.

"Hey, Jenna. What's up?"

"Hey! The cast just wanted me to check if you were almost ready. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just gimme two minutes, I'll be ready."

"Okay, cool. I do have a question, though.."

"What's that?"

"Did you really enjoy the show Wednesday? I didn't think someone like you would. You're so cool, I didn't think someone like you would enjoy a show revolving around The Addams Family."

"What's that supposed to mean? A dope R&B artist can't enjoy a show about Wednesday Addams? Just for that, imma write a song about Wednesday now."

I joked around with a laugh. Jenna chuckled and laughed along with me.

"I'm holding you to your word then. I'll be waiting on that Wednesday Addams song. I'll catch you later, I'm gonna let you get ready, Miss Super Star."

Jenna gave me a warm smile before walking away from my dressing room. I chuckled to myself, closing the door behind me. Still not knowing where Selena went, I decided to text her.

Me; babe where did you go?? Don't tell me you missed my performance

Lena💕; of course not! I seen it all! You did amazing!😍 I just ran out to grab a quick something to eat lol I'm starving. I'll see you in a few🥰