|TWENTY FOUR|

*JAYDEN'S POV*
The next few weeks or so were pretty rough. I've been tired of being stuck in my wheelchair already, so I called the physical therapist up and told her that I'm ready to start therapy.

That didn't work out, because they insisted that I wait about a month or two more just to be safe. I swear if I can hurt Selena this bad just to make her feel how I'm feeling, I genuinely would...

Things between Jenna and I have improved though. Highly improved. The night after I made the Instagram post with her selfie (which is my absolute favorite by the way), she called me the next morning.

Jenna basically apologized for going behind my back and hanging out with Devyn. She told me that she didn't even stay the entire time. After I hung up the phone with her that night, she left the hangout spot.

That's when I realized that Jenna was a real loyal one. We weren't even together, and she was already choosing me over everyone else. At that very moment, I knew what I had to finally do.

Officially ask Jenna to be my girlfriend...

So I did. And when I tell you she was the happiest I ever seen a girl before, she was. I never knew that making someone my girlfriend would make them this happy.

Since I was still living like Degrassi, I promised Jenna as soon as I got back to normal, I would take her on a real first date. She told me that being in wheelchair didn't matter to her at all. But I insisted that we would wait until I get back on my feet for a real first date.

She doesn't know it, but today I'm finally headed back to New York. Not to work on the movie right at this second, but to meet up with my label to see what I'm doing with my music next.

"Why are you being so secretive? Where are you going? You're moving around a lot. And you're at an airport."

Jenna chuckled over the phone. I chuckled as well and looked back at her.

"I have meetings going on for my music, so I'm traveling everywhere. I know I'm supposed to be taking this time to relax and work on the healing process, but it's so boring."

"Babe, how do you expect to ever get better if you're always on the go? You need to just relax and work on your healing."

"I know, I know. Look, I'll call you when I land. I'm about to get on the plane."

"Okay, babe. Have a safe flight. I love you."

"I love you too..."

Oh yeah, I also started saying that to Jenna recently. It's still brand new to me, so I'm trying to get accustomed to it. But it does feel good every time that I say it, though.

Although it does sometimes feel weird saying it to Jenna. I was always so used to saying it to Selena. Never would I ever thought that I would be saying those three words to someone other than her.
-
-
-
-
Five hours later, I woke up to the plane finally landing in New York City. My meeting with my label is tomorrow, so today is the day that I would surprise my brother and Jenna. They had no idea I was coming back.

I decided to text Jenna when I got all settled into my hotel room that my management booked for me.

Me; hey, baby cakes. I just hit my landing. About to take a nap lol I'm jet lagged. Ttyl xoxo🥰

Little did she know, I was already on my way to the Scream set.

My excitement was growing as I started getting myself ready to go surprise Jenna. I seen that she hit the love feature on my text message, making me smile and be more relaxed.

Within the next ten minutes, I arrived onto the set. The taxi driver was nice enough to help me in and out of the taxi, which made me a slight bit happier. Because you know how people in New York can be.

They just don't give a fuck most times.

As Jasmin seen me, she came over to me quickly.

"Jay, hey! How have you been? I thought you were taking a break from filming with us for a while?"

"I'm doing a little bit better. And I am. I actually came by to surprise Mason and Jenna. Where are they?"

"Baby sister! You're here! I missed you so much! And I had no idea you were even coming by."

Mason came from behind me and hugged me as gently but tightly as he could. I smiled and turned my head around.

"I came to surprise you and Jenna. And I missed you too. Where's Jenna though?"

"Baby! I didn't know you were gonna be back today! You totally just tricked me, you said you were taking a nap!"

Jenna ran over to me as she entered the room with that devil Devyn. I was extremely happy to see Jenna, but the other part of me was concerned due to her being around Devyn.

"I had to trick you, baby girl. I didn't want you to know that I was coming to surprise your beautiful self. I missed you so much."

"I missed you more! I was becoming anxious because I haven't seen you in weeks."

Jenna lightly grabbed my face, pulling me into a deep kiss. I smiled into the kiss as I made the kiss deeper. I can sense the tension from Devyn. She was jealous and she had to go as soon as possible.

I needed to come up with a plan to get her out of here. I don't need her being friendly of any sort with MY girlfriend.

"I know right. I actually do have a meeting with my record label tomorrow. They wanna discuss what I plan on doing with my music from here. I was thinking you can come back with me to my hotel room tonight."

"Sounds like a plan. I can't wait!"

"It's nice to see you again, Jayden. I hate to interrupt your reunion with Jenna, but we all have to start with the filming for today."

Devyn said to me with a rude attitude. I fake smiled at her then looked over at Jenna.

"Go along, babe. I'll be over here watching."

"Okay, love."

Jenna squeezed my hand before walking off to where she had to be, Devyn following behind her. I rolled my eyes and took my phone out, going on Instagram.

I did the one thing that I had to do. Click on the one profile I needed;

dominicfike.

I then began to compose a direct message to him.

jaydengooding: I know I'm the last person that you ever expected to hear from. But I need your help with something. I'll even pay you if I have to. Hit me back ASAP