⤏ 𝗦𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗵'𝘀 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

•• 2003 ••

THE ALARM CLOCK would've woken up the four-year-old any other morning, but it was the sudden light shaking that did so this time.

Y/N opened his eyes, seeing his older sister over him. She looked like she was already dressed for the day compared to him who was still in his pajamas.

"Get up." She whispered.

"Why?" The boy whined.

"We should be up before dad. It's his birthday."

"Oh...yeah."

"And I think we should make him pancakes."

His eyes lit up. "Birthday pancakes?"

"Birthday pancakes." She replied with a smile.

With that, Y/N basically jumped out of bed and slipped into his superhero-themed slippers. Knowing her brother would make a b-line to the kitchen, she stopped him.

"Go brush your teeth first. Wouldn't want you stinking up the house."

"My breath does not stink!"

"I beg to differ."

Y/N walked out of the room, sticking out his tongue as he did. Sarah reciprocated it and let out a chuckle.

As the boy used the bathroom and freshened up, she had taken out a set of clothes for her little brother and placed them on his bed for him to put on. At that moment, the alarm went off and so did the one from within their dad's room.

Sarah went into the hallway and knocked on his door, calling out as she did so.

"Alarm! Alarm...Alarm!"

She went downstairs to start making breakfast. Sometime later, Y/N came out of the bathroom and went into his room where he put his clothes on. Afterward, he went into the hallway and noticed that his dad's door was still closed.

"Papa! Papa!" He knocked on the door and exclaimed. "Dad!"

He heard grunts inside, which let Y/N know that his dad was now waking up. The boy then ran downstairs, hoping that somehow the pancakes were already done.

Y/N went into the kitchen and saw his sister beginning to make breakfast. The radio was on and was currently playing Tomorrow by Avril Lavigne.

"Hermanita." Y/N said, using the name he'd often call her. "I want pancakes."

"I'm making the eggs first." Sarah replied, eyes still on the stove.

Y/N huffed. "Booooo. Eggs are boring."

"You are boring."

"No, I'm not

"No, I'm not."

"nO iM nOt." She mocked.

"Meanie."