⤏ 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

THE GIRL WAS chained to a radiator in the run-down and empty room. In her hook-sitting position, she looked out the dirtied windows that still allowed some sunlight to enter.

 In her hook-sitting position, she looked out the dirtied windows that still allowed some sunlight to enter

The door opened and two Fireflies came in. They were followed by their medic and another young soldier of theirs.

The teenager rolled her eyes and got up. Before the female could speak, the girl kicked the empty tray to her feet. Y/N, who was standing beside the medic, simply nodded.

"Count slowly and clearly from one to ten." The medic ordered.

"I've counted up to a-fucking-thousand at this point." She shot back.

"Just do it."

"OneTwoThreeFour—"

"Slowly and clearly."

She sighed. "One. Two. Three..."

The medic started writing on her clipboard. The girl continued to count.

"Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight." She put up her middle finger. "Fuck. You."

The medic let out an exasperated exhale

The medic let out an exasperated exhale. Y/N looked over at his colleague.

"She got a mouth on her. Let me handle this, Carmen, before you get an aneurysm."

She was more than happy to do so, handing Y/N the clipboard and walking out. The young man looked at the two other Fireflies by the door.

"I'll be fine in here. Don't need an audience."

They glanced at each other and walked out of the room as well. Y/N turned back around and faced the teenager, who still had the same scowl.

"Let's continue." He began as he looked at the clipboard.

"Why'd you kick them out?" She suddenly asked.

"Like I said, don't like the audience."

"You don't like the audience?"

He shrugged. "And I guess I could tell you were starting to hate Carmen."

"Oh, no. She's wonderful." The teenager replied sarcastically.