07.

As soon as the bell rang, Nadia was being pulled out of her class by the three hooligans who were standing outside of the classroom door, waiting impatiently. Nadia looked at them confused as both JJ and Kiara pulled her arms in the direction they were going.

"what the hell is going on?" she asked as they walked in the direction of the library. she didn't get an answer, Pope was silent and the others seemed just as clueless.

"is this a game of tag?" JJ asked , getting a shrug from Kiara "am I going to have to beat you with your protractor to know what's going on?"

he must've been slightly loud because the librarian shushed him when they walked in. Nadia rolled her  eyes at the lady, ignoring her as she followed Pope to a desk.

"serious pope, you are driving me insane." Kiara told him once she sat down.

"so, a guy from a scholarship committee came and pulled me out of class." he told the others, Nadia wasn't sure why he was so distraught about it until he took a piece of paper out of his bag and handing it to them "read this."

JJ took the paper, looking at it for a second, "i can't read cursive."

Nadia shown a smile as she took the paper from him, watching as Kiara gave him a unimpressed look. "it's okay, i'll read it."

she cleared her throat, beginning to read the handwritten words on the paper while Pope paced back and forth.

"Dear Mr. Heyward, i am reaching out because i have material evidence that can exonerate John B. Routledge." she stopped at her best friends name, looking at the others who wore the same expression before continuing "it is of vital importance that you come and meet with me in person at my offices at 27 king street, Charleston at 8:00p.m sharpe tonight....please come some. Regards C. Limbrey."

JJ narrowed his eyes at the page "Charleston?"

Pope nodded her head, baffled by the news "i know, it's like an eight-hour drive. plus the ferry. how are we gonna get there tonight?"

Nadia scoffed, passing the paper to Kiara "we'd have to like right now if we're going."

"i have a free period." Kiara informed them, Nadia nodded her head "i've got a few days off of work."

"material evidence? what does that even mean? material evidence." the blonde quotes out loud trying to make sense of it in his head. Kiara look up at him "it means, he can clear John Bs name."

"oh shit!" JJ exclaimed happily "then we're going to Charleston."

Kiara sighed loudly, "i gotta tell my mom, and if we get it this time, we are not giving it to Shoupe."

Nadia hummed in agreement, remember how upset she was last night. "we are most definitely not."

they heard Pope sign loudly, his eyes studying both the computer screen and the piece of paper. "what?"

"im not sure—but i think whoever this Limbrey person is, they might be related to the captain of the Royal Merchant."

Nadia took the paper again, her eyes switching back and forth to the page and the computer. "oh shit."

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

Their taking it really well..." JJ commented sarcastically as he watched Kiara and her parents argue on the front porch of their home. Nadia exhaled a long breath and leaned back in her seat, her head reading on the spot between the window and the seat.