0.18

Nadia was sad. Extremely sad.

She wasn't sad for Ward. She couldn't mourn him. He didn't deserve it. She hoped—with every bone in her body—she hoped he was burning in hell. That man and his son caused so much pain for so many people.

She was sad for Sarah Cameron. And she was sad for Wheezie Cameron.

Nadia was grieving for the blonde girl and her little sister. She knew all to well what it was like losing a parent. A parent you love more then anything in the world.

Ward Cameron was a piece of shit, but even people who are pieces of shit still have someone who loves them in some way. No matter how much Sarah says she hates her dad for what he did, a tiny piece of her will love him because he's her dad.

Now, you can't compare Nadia's mother to ward Cameron, but you can compare the pain.

Nadia's mom was to kind for this world. Melissa Whitlock was beautiful in ever way, and did everything for everyone. If you needed something, important or non-important, she would help you in every way she could. She was the purest soul to ever walk the planet.

Her father, Samuel Whitlock, was the same way—until his wife got sick. Then he went down hill and abandoned Nadia whenever she needed him. When Melissa died he vanished off the face of the earth and there were no traces of him for her to try and track down. He was probably dead too. Nadia didn't really like to think about him.

Ward Cameron was a liar and a murderer. He was greedy and selfish. He was everything Melissa wasn't.

But, he was also a father. Sarah had memories with their father—memories that they adore. Nadia couldn't blame her for feeling the way she does about this.

Wheezie was to young to experience this. Nadia related to her in a huge way. Wheezie is 13 years old, and now has to spend the rest of her life without her father or biological mother. She was the youngest out of the two siblings and now has to do everything on her own.

Wheezie was Nadia.

Nadia was around Wheezie's age when her mother got sick. Not to long after Melissa passed away and she was left to the foster system, and then to emancipation where she had to do everything by herself.

The opening of the front door made Nadia sniffle as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. She was sitting on the floor with her moms urn in her laps. Her arms were wrapped around it in a protective manner as she was leaned up against her bed.

"Nadia!" JJs voice sang out. "You in here?" Kiara added, as she came in from behind him. Nadia quickly shoved her mothers ashes under her bed when she heard them getting closer. "In here!" she sung about and about five more seconds her door opened to reveal the two teens.

"Hey." Kiara spoke quietly, looking at the girl a little confused "whatcha doing on the floor?"

Nadia didn't want to tell them that she was sobbing with her mothers ashes in her arms. That might strike up some concerns she didn't wanna talk about at the moment. Instead, Nadia shrugged her shoulders "felt comfortable."

JJ stared at her for a moment. He could feel that something was off, but he never liked to
pry Nadia when it came to feelings. The more he pried the more she pulled away. It was easier for her to come to him when she was ready. So, he gave a small smile "Kiara was thinkin' we should get some pizza and beer for tonight. We're thinkin' that it might lift John B's spirits or whatever—wanna come?"

Nadia thought for a moment, her eyes moved quickly to the urn under her bed and back to the two that stood in her doorway. She had an idea. She turned towards her wallet that was on the night stand and pulled out a 20 and passed it to them. "I'd love to but, I...I gotta do something—take this though i'll be back later to cheer him up."