014.

The sun was almost all the way set when Nadia arrived at her house after work. She expected someone to be there when she got there but she found absolutly no one. It was logical that Pope and Kiara went back to see their parents but it was weird not to see JJ or Sarah outside by the door.

She sighed heavily and walked up her porch stairs to the inside of her house. It was absolutly silent, and for once she found the empty silence peaceful. She dropped her bag on the pullout couch and stretched her arms widley. Her eyes caught sight of a note placed on the coffee table.

She picked it up and read the letter inside her head

I'm gone to see my parents, i'll be back later. Kie <3

she smiled and nodded as if Kiara was there to see her. All of a sudden she smelt the stench of onion rings lingering on her clothes. She screwed up her nose and made her way towards the bathroom where she turned on the shower and stripped herself of the clothes.

When the steaming hot water hit her back she sighed in content, running her fingers through her long hair while massaging her scalp. She could have sworn she spent three hours in there even if it was only ten minutes. Ten minutes of pure bliss.

It wasnt a while since she had a shower but with all the shit she and her friends had been through she was exhasted and in desperate need of a shower. When she was done, she reluctantly stepped out and wrapped a towel around her body. She whipped the steam off the glass of her mirror and observed herself.

She looked like a zombie. The dark circles under her eyes and the way they looked droopy were due to the lack of sleep she was getting.

Opening the door, Nadia stepped out of her bathroom with the towel still wrapped around herself. She turned the corner, seeing Kiara sat on her pull out sofa with her head in her hands. The floor boards creaked slightly making Kiara jolt up in fright.

"Sorry, didnt mean to scare you." Nadia apologized quickly, gripping her towel so it wouldnt fall. She felt more exposed then she usually did so she prayed it didnt fall down. Kiara's eyes widened she seen her only in towel and smiled apologetically "I didnt mean to intrude—"

Nadia waved her off with the hand that wasnt occupied "Nah, your good."

Her dismissal made Kiara relieved she want upset she showed up unannounced. Nadias eyes made its way over to the bag she had placed beside her. She motioned her head towards the bag "But are you okay?"

Kiara sighed looking at the bag, and then down at the floor again "is it alright if I stay here for a few days, my mom kicked me out, but
honestly if you dont want me to I can stay at the chateau—"

"You can stay." Nadia interrupted her rambling assuringly "You know you dont need an invitation right?"

Kiara smiled sadly, nodding her head. She did know that. Over the summer this was one of the most comforting places she spent her time at. Lounging around here with her and JJ and sometimes Pope almost every night was the reason she was gettin through the "deaths" of John B and Sarah.

"I would hug you, but im afraid my towels gonna drop." Nadia laughed a little, trying to brighten the mood. It seemed to work because Kiara let out a laugh, and got up to hug her anyway.

"Youre okay." Nadia assured her, wrapping one hand around her back.

They stayed there for a few seconds with their eyes closed until Pope came bursting through the door "Hey Nadia—oh my god!" He exclaimed as he turned around when he noticed that Nadia was only in a towel "im sorry, im so so so sorry!"

Nadia laughed loudly at his dramatics "Its okay, Pope. You can turn around."

He slowly turned around, facing the girls with an awkward smile. He lingered his eyes on Kiara for a second and Nadia got the hint. She inhaled a breath before turning the opposite way "Ill leave you two, ill be in my room if you need me."