nine

October 13th 1995

Adeline POV

Friday. Stu's having his big party tonight. And I am as ready as ever. Randy and I have not talked since Wednesday but I wasn't gonna run after him either. Whatever his problem was, he should be the one to come up to me. Not the other way around. Its about 6 pm right now and I have a good 2 hours to get ready until Dewey drives us all to Stu's. Dewey turned out to be pretty cool. We've only shared a few conversations so far but I can tell that he wants to mane sure everyone's Safe. Duh. That's his job.

After a good 10 minutes, I manage to get off my bed and have a quick shower. I do my make up right after and put up my hair into a ponytail. Out of my closet, I take out blue jeans and a red tank top, which I combine with my silver necklace. Just so, I don't get too cold, I throw on my beige cardigan, which feels super soft on the skin. An hour passed by and I'm getting picked up in 15 minutes. I didn't know that I was gonna be that excited for a party, given these current events but I am.

Stu broke up with Tatum last night, which she
told me over the phone this morning and I don't understand it. I thought they were so in love with each other. Apparently not... I hope she's doing alright. I'll probably get the chance to talk to her later at the party. Before I leave, I get the Beer from the basement, since Stu told us to bring some. I hear Dewey's car honk from outside and lock my door. Sid opens the door for me and lets me in. "Hey, Adi." she says, as she welcomes me with a hug. Tatum turns to me for a second and says "hey" as well and Dewey waves to me.

"Ready to party girls?" We all yell out of excitement but Dewey interrupts us,"not too much though, alright." We can only laugh.
After 10 minutes, we arrive at Stu's house. People are walking in already, bottles in their hand. We say Goodbye to Dewey and get out the car. Stu sees us from the door and walks up to us. "Welcome, ladies." He's wearing a red robe, which I'm guessing belongs to his father.
His eyes travel down my outfit very clearly, as my shirt is showing a little bit of cleavage. If I didn't know better, I'd say he gets a little flustered.

Sidney and Tatum walk past us with an eye roll directly going to Stu. I grab him by his arm and pull him inside. When I walk a little further inside, I see Randy on the couch, talking to a couple of boys. Just as he turns around, he sees me. I wave at him with a smile but he ignores me and walks off.

What's wrong with him, I thought we were friends.. Best friends even...
"Stu, do you have any idea what's up with Randy?", he shrugs,"you know how Randy gets sometimes, sweetcheeks. I wouldn't worry about him too much. Let's just have a fun night, okay?"

He smiles at me and his fingers tuck parts of my hair behind my ear. He hands me a Beer from the kitchen and I drink it right away.

"Yo Stu! We're out of Beer!" A guy yells from the living room. The guys seem to be watching Halloween. Of course they would. I just know that Randy picked out this film. He loves Jamie. I cant help but smile knowing this.

"Can I borrow you for a second?" Randy glances at the tv,"just pause the movie, Ray." He looks at Greg, a friend of his and he pauses it. I grab his hand and walk outside the house with him.

"What is going on with us, Ray? Why are you ignoring me? What happened?" Randy's expression, to me talking, looks like I killed his Cat or something. He sighs. "Billy."
I squint my eyes at him, being nothing but confused. "Billy? What do you mean?"
He sighs once more and keeps looking around, being scared or something.

"He told me to stay away from you."
He whispers to me and my mouth falls open.
"He did what?!" Who does Billy think he is? Telling Randy to stay away from me? And more importantly, why the hell would he do that?

"I think he's dangerous, Adi. He threatened me."
I cannot believe what he's telling me right now. That doesn't sound like Billy at all...

"I will handle this okay? I offer him a hug, which he accepts. Thank god. "Don't worry!"

I take a look at the door, where I see Stu watching us. I walk off from Randy and confront Stu.
"Where the hell is Billy, Stu? I have to talk to him, right now!"
"He should be here in a minute, Sweetcheeks." "Btw, do you know where Tatum is?"
Stu tells me that Tatum ran off with some guy. Which is hard to believe, that she would do such a thing after her break up with Stu, which was just last night.

"Hey, Adi, have you seen Tatum?"
Sid joins in on our conversation.

"Stu told me she ran off with some guy." Sid finds it hard to believe too but we just shrug it off. "I need more Beer!" I say and make my way to the basement, as Stu appears in front of the door.

"Where ya going, hm? Party is up here." I try to shove him out of the way but he doesn't move. "Stu move. I want more Beer." Just after I finished my sentence, I hear someone screaming. It sounds horrifying. "Did you just hear that?" I ask Stu. He takes a look at the living room.

"It must be from the movie. The very good kill part just happened." He ends up telling me that he's gonna get the Beer for me and I should wait in the living room. So I do.

"Why is Jamie Lee in all these movies?" Sid asks the round and Randy kneels down to Sidney. "Because shes the Scream Queen."
He prays with his hands in front of her.
"Its her tits, Sid. He loves them. Really simple."
I laugh. He gives me a mocking look but then turns back to the movie. "Boo!" Someone yells from behind the couch and we all scream. Its Billy. "Billy what the fuck! You scared us!" Sidney yells, as she hits his arm.

"What are you doing here, hm?" Stu asks.

"I was hoping Sid and I could talk."

"No."

I say, getting off my seat,"before you two talk, I have to talk to you! Right now!" I pull him away from the group, into the kitchen. He grabs a Beer from the fridge, opens it and takes a big sip from it. "So, what's up? I cough.

"What's up? Is that really what you're saying right now? Randy told me, that you told him to stay away from me! Who do you think you are?" I'm mad and he can tell. Why wouldn't I be. He had no right to tell him that.

"I got worried. I didn't want you to get too close!"

I cross my arms and tilt my head a little.

"Why would that be a problem? I don't get it?" He brushes through his hair with fingers and finds his way in front of me. So close, that I end up being trapped by the stove. His hands land behind my body, holding me steady, so I can't move. "Sidney is waiting upstairs for you." Stu comes walking in, grinning at Billy. He gives me one little smirk before going upstairs, leaving me in confusion.

"What was that, hm?"
Stu says, as he smirks too.

"I have no idea,", I take my Beer from the table.
I need some air, excuse me." I leave through the backdoor, walking around a bit, suddenly feeling a little dizzy. My vision starts blurring a little bit.
I don't know it for sure until I do.

I'm standing outside the garage and what I see, makes my blood freeze and tears immediately stream down my face. Tatum is hanging from the garage door, her head in between. There is blood everywhere. But before I manage to scream, my hand lands on my head and I fall to the ground. The last thing I hear is footsteps walking towards me. I can tell that its black boots and a black robe walking towards me. That's all I see, before I end up unconscious. Everything goes utterly dark.