Chapter Twenty-Seven

I really with more people would read my story and I think a lot of people who used to read it deleted it from their library during the 3 months I haven't been updating much, and that kinda sucks.. but I just hope the rest of you guys are (still) enjoying the story. That's the most important thing. Love you guys, every single one of you who read it ♥

"Oi, Tommo! Good to see that you're worrying about your body hygiene while the rest of us are here, working our butts off to keep the fireplaces running," Carlos calls over to me as Harry and I enter the main hall with still damp hair.

I can see that they have been stocking up on the fire wood while we've been away.

"Were have you been all day, idiot?" I ask him as I sit down by the camp fire, ignoring his comment before.

"I bet you wanna know, huh?" he winks at me annoyingly.

"Cut the crap and tell me where you were, Carlos, we could've needed you today," I roll my eyes.

"He was with Jade," Perrie answers for Carlos. She is half sitting on top of Zayn. She hasn't let go of him since we told her about what happened on the basketball court.

"Jade Thirlwall?" Liam says in surprise, "When did that happen?"

"What can I say? I like older women," Carlos smirks proudly.

"Don't ever let Jade hear the word 'old'. She'll kill you," Perrie says dryly.

"Oh, don't worry," Carlos chuckles immaturely, "we don't talk much, anyways-"

"Why are we talking about Carlos' love life again," Liam cuts him off there, "because nobody really cares." He gives Niall a worried sideglance who is sitting next to him without looking at anyone. So Liam gets up to walk over to me and Harry.

"How is he?" I say quietly when he has taken a seat next to Harry.

Liam shakes his head. "The only time I've really heard him talk since he shot Fletcher was when he told me that he didn't mean to kill him and then started to cry for 20 minutes," he whispers with a grave expression, "I don't know what to do. I keep telling him that he did the right thing, that he saved your life, but he doesn't listen. He doesn't look like himself anymore."

I look over to the blonde boy. His eyes are red and unfocused, his expression lacking the usual glow. He seems lost in his own thoughts, occassionally pressing his fist against his thigh.

"I feel like he can't let go of it," Liam says.

"It happened today," Harry frowns.

"I know," Liam agrees, "lets see what he looks like tomorrow."

"Maybe we can swing by the beach tomorrow night if he doesn't look better then," I suggest, "Maybe the Shark Heads can help taking his mind off things. We haven't seen them in a while."

"Good idea," Liam smiles. I know he'd be as happy to see them again as I would.

When I see Harry jawn heavily, I lightly pad his knee and look at Liam. "I guess we'll go to bed now. Was a long day," I say with a fond smile at Harry.

"See you tomorrow," Liam says with a weird look on his face that I don't even try to figure out.

When Harry and I are about to leave the others, I hear Carlos' voice from behind. "Oh yeah, Louis," he calls, "I kinda haven't stocked up on the fire wood in your room, you might wanna get that yourself."

"What?" I turn around to look at him.

"Yeah, that might have been my job tonight and I forgot," the boy snickers, "or I might have thought that you could lift your butt for once, too."