Chapter Seven

Hello lovelies! Thank you for all the voting and commenting! It really means so much to me and makes me smile every time! :)

I had to write this whole chapter twice because there have been some problems with Wattpad for some reason, and when I published this chapter, about 2000 words where gone!! No fun. I was finally okay with how the chapter turned out and then I had to start all over again, otherwise I could have updated hours ago.

However, I hope you like this chapter! :)

"Damn, Louis! Get over here!" Zayn is yelling from the other side of the fence.

I've been shot. It's only my calf but it hurts as fuck. And there is so much blood already, I don't even know why I'm bleeding so much.

I need to get out of here, I could really get shot at any moment. So I get up on my still intact left leg, trying to ignore the pain as best as I can and hurl myself through the fence.

Now Zayn is here and helps me into an upright position.

"Have you been shot?" His voice sounds horrified.

"Can we talk some other time and get the hell out of here?" I scoff.

Zayn notices how I am holding my right leg up, so he puts my arm around his shoulders and helps me hop away from the butchery premises.

I look back several times but nobody seems to follow. Real heros our policemen are. They don't care about actually imposing law and order, they don't care about solving crimes, they don't care about making this city safer. They get bored so easily, it's almost humorous. No wonder so many gangs got away with their ways for so long now.

I can feel the blood stream down my leg but the initial pain starts to dull down. I try to step on my right leg again, causing a stabbing pain to run up my calf.

Nope. Not using that leg any time soon.

"How is your arm?" I ask Zayn when I am sure that nobody is following us anymore.

"It's fine." he says tersely. His breathing has become rather heavy. "Is that Niall?" he wonders, relief clear in his voice.

He starts out raising his free arm to point infront of us, but then winces and pulls it back to his side. His arm doesn't seem as "fine" as he makes it out to be. I think we are quite the same in that matter.

I raise my head and look in the direction Zayn was about to point at to see, he was right. Niall's figure is standing next to our black van. He seems to be looking for something.

When he sees us, he yells out and waves at us. With that, Liam emerges from behind the van and runs towards us.

"Where have you guys been?" he calls, but stops when his eyes land on me.

"Holy shit, Louis! Are you okay?" he worries and puts a hand on my back as he reaches us. I must be bleeding quite a lot.

"It's nothing, Payno, get your hands off of me," I say harshly, but can't hold back a smirk. There is noone that is more fun to annoy than Liam.

"Suit yourself, cripple," Liam hums and pulls his hand away.

"Niall, open the trunk!" Zayn yells, ignoring our quarrel completely. "Hurry up!"

We all get into the trunk of the van and as soon as the door is closed, it starts to move. Carlos must be behind the wheel. Great, now we are going to die all the same.

While we sit on the car floor and try to hold on for dear life, Carlos violently yanks on the wheel ever so often, and jams on the breaks whenever he seems to be bored. It doesn't really help the pain in my calf.