Chapter 12

As they walked up to the chopper, they noticed a makeup compact laying on the drivers seat.

"Is that Ada's?" Helena asked.
"I think so." Belle replied as she picked it up.

She opened it, revealing the eyeshadow palette but then it also revealed a chip.

She looked at Leon and quickly gave it to him. Leon inserted the chip and it loaded evidence about Simmons and the C-Virus.

"Leon, this is-"
"Evidence that proved Simmons' gilt." Leon said.

"Which means it will prove your innocence." Helena said.

Belle arched her brows at Helena. Maybe she's feeling guilty.

"Our innocence." Leon corrected her.

"I don't need it." Helena said, looking away.
"Helena." Belle called. Leon's phone ranged up and he picked it up.

"Good news, Leon! We've found a way to defeat the virus." Hunnigan said.

Then a explosion was heard behind them.
"Copy that. We're on our way back. See you soon!" Leon hung up the phone and looked at the girls.

"Let's go." He said.

Helena went in first then Leon, last one was Belle. She looked back, thinking about Ada. Hoping she made it out alive.

"Belle."

She turned to Leon and back to the scenery.
"Let's get out of here."

Since Belle sat behind Leon, she looked out of window, seeing all the smoke and fire. She then received a text message.

Don't worry, I made it out safe. See you around, little one.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The next morning, Helena was the cemetery, and had flowers in her hands. She was standing at her sisters grave. Leon, Belle and Hunnigan watched form behind.

"It's time for me to take responsibility." Helena said. She then turned back and walked up to them.

"Thank you." Noticing the two men dressed in back behind them as well.

"I'm ready." Leon walked up to her and handed her gun back, instead of being handcuffed.

"What? But I assisted in the attack." Helena said.
"The investigating commission have reviewed the evidence and feel it unjust to hold you liable for Simmons' crime. They will also not be disclosing their findings to the public." Hunnigan explained.

"But..."

"The president would have done the same." Leon said.

"And about Agent Clearfield's situation, she's no longer MIA. Glad to have you with us again." Hunnigan added.

"Thanks, Hunnigan." Belle said.

"Alright, shall we go join the team?" Hunnigan said, walking back to the car.

Belle wrapped her arm around Helena and smiled.

"Since this is all over, let's have a girls hang out?"
"But don't you have someone to deal with first?" Helena asked.

Belle looked back at him and then back at Helena.
"He'll live."

Belle and Helena couldn't help but laugh it off

Leon heard it all and scoffed. "Women."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
A few weeks later, Belle was back from her mission. She didn't go back to headquarters, so instead, she went to the cemetery. Why? Both of her parents are buried there.