Im Obsessed

Unedited

  It was morning in Little Homeworld, everyone was rushing to get to classes or their jobs. You were running late, not paying attention. When you told yourself, you wanted a job, you definitely didn't expect to be working at a place like this. Anyway, as you were trying to find the gem who did your interview, you ran right into someone.

" I am soo sorry!" He exclaimed, jumping up and holding out a hand. You took his hand and met his eyes. They quickly flashed a bright pink, but that was gone in a flash.

"It's fine, I think I'm lost," you said, brushing yourself off. The boy seemed anxious.

"I can help you, I'm Steven Universe by the way," he held out a hand.

"Y/n L/n," you shook his hand. Steven smiled at you, holding your hand an awful long time for a handshake.

"Um Steven," you said awkwardly.

"Oh! Sorry," Steven pulled his hand away quickly, blushing. 'Why did I do that?!' Steven cursed himself.

"So um, I'm looking for Amethyst, she's shorter,-" you began to describe the gem you were looking for while fidgeting with your hands nervously.

"Oh!" Steven exclaimed excitedly, "I know where she is!"

He held out his hand to lead the way, your face felt flushed, and you took his hand. He's obviously not very shy, socially or physically.

'Aw, did they just blush?' Steven thought to himself. He began doing a fast pace walk.

"Hey Amethyst!" He yelled as soon as he spot her, still dragging you behind him.

"Hey dude!" She looked up to the both of you, there were several other gems surrounding her, "hey! It's Y/n! I totally didn't think you were gonna show."

"Huh?" You questioned, then you looked at your phone, 10 minutes late. You face palmed your forehead, definitely should've asked for help sooner, "I'm sorry, I got lost when I got here, I had to ask Steven for help."

You suddenly realized he was still holding your hand. Steven must've just realized too. He look at your, gave a shook face, blushing slightly, and pulled away.

"Alrightyyy," Amethyst said breaking the awkward silence, "c'mon Y/n, as our TA, we'll need here on time everyday, you think..."

Steven POV

The two walked out of earshot, I let out a sigh. Why? I just back from my trip and I'm some how already stressing. At least it's over a person and no trauma I guess.

I began to walk to walk towards my first class of the day. I'm only a TA right now since I got back, but I'm still ready to help however I can. Even if it means just doing errands. Maybe I'll run into Y/n... stop. I don't even know them, why am I so worked up? I feel like I sound obsessed, crazy.

"Steven?" I look up from the ground, its Garnet, always on time.

"Oh! Hey Garnet," I answered, feeling nervous, I don't want them worry.

"What's wrong?" She says in a stern but somehow playful tone. I sigh, I have absolutely no poker face.

"Nothings wrong, per say, I just met this new person today and I don't know, got super flustered really bad," I explained, remembering what my therapist said about communicating. She smiled and a gave a quiet chuckle, I clutched my satchel and felt my face turn red. Why is sharing my emotions so embarrassing?

"Everything will workout fine, c'mon, I need you for my yoga class today," she motioned me to follow.

"Easy for you to say," I mumble, trailing behind.

"I heard that." She said, I stuck my tongue at the back of her head, "I saw that."

Third POV

It was evening, your shift had finally ended, but in all honesty, it seemed to have fly by. You were gathering your stuff when you heard someone approaching behind you. You turned to see Steven.

"Oh, hey," you waved, smiling.

"Um, hi, I noticed you walked here, do you want a ride home?" Steven asked, rubbing the back of his neck and looking at the sky. His face was tinting a slight pink.

"Oh, thank you, but I actually prefer to walk," you answered, he's so sweet, you thought.

"Oh, that's okay, could I walk you home then?" He asked, giving you a small smile.

"It's okay, no need to go out of your way," you said, laughing at his stubborn politeness.

"It's not, really, I live that way," he said glancing away and scratching his head.

"You don't even know which way i came from!" You laughed, giving him a tiny playful push.

"Okay, you're right, it's totally out of my way, but I'd like to walk you home, i-if you're okay with that," he stuttered, you laugh slightly and nod your head.

"Yea, sounds good," you said, putting your bag on. And the two of you began walking through beach city together. The sun was setting as you both walked together, giving the town that nice pink tint to it. It look different this way, probably better if anything. As you were admiring the town, someone drove by and said hi to Steven, this happened about 5 times.

"So, you're pretty popular here, huh?" You asked, tilting your head, "who are you? Like the mayor's son or something?"

"Heh, no, that use to be Buck, but kind of something like that," he laughed, placing his hands in his pockets and looking forward. He swore his heart stopped when asked who he was. His whole life he'd ask himself that same question  and hearing sometimes just give him hints of the past.

"So? What is it?" You asked, feeling curious about the boy who was walking you home.

"Um well, I'd not get into it right now, what about you? Who are you? What do you do for fun?" He changed the subject from himself.

"Well I enjoy art, music, starting new hobbies and giving up on them immediately, y'know?" You replied, stepping on the curb, attempting to balance your self. He laugh at your answer, remembering the times he gave up on new hobbies.

"I totally agree with you there, I've tried gardening but it didn't really work out..." He said, remembering the catus Steven. He then shook his head, trying not to dwell on the thought. The street lights began to turn on, as the sun had set.

"Yeah, gardening wasn't good for me either, I couldn't keep a succulent alive to save my life," you smiled at him, placing a hand gently on his shoulder to help yourself off the curb, "Sorry, I almost lost my balance."

"Happy to help," he replied, you stopped where you were.

"Well, this is me," you said, Steven had walked a few steps ahead but turned around and walked to you, "Thank you for walking with me."

"Anytime, thanks for letting me," he thanked you, you smile and gave him a small wave, walking towards your home.

"Bye Steven," you said.

"Oh! Y/n, wait," Steven ran up to you, holding something in his hand, "here, I just figured since we'll be working together."

It was a piece of paper, you opened it, it was a phone number. Steven had given you his phone number, but as soon as you looked up, he was already gone. You smiled, he was probably one of the sweetest men you have ever met. You then frown slightly, he won't go for me, you thought. The good ones never want me, you doubted yourself and went inside.