slow

SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER

Light cascaded through the bedroom from the windows of the bedroom. The room was tinted with a warm yellow color. Your eyes began to open, and you jumped. You were laying your head on Steven's chest. As lulling as the beat of his heart was, this was too much for you.

"Y/n?" Steven mumbled, his voice deep from his sleep, "where are you going? I was sooo comfy."

"I... I have to go," you say, standing up and gathering your things off the floor in a hurry.

"What?" Steven was suddenly awake now, "I was joking, I'm sorry, please don't go."

"I'm sorry, it's okay, I just I need to leave, now," you rushed down the stairs to find your shoes. When you walked downstairs, all the gems were sitting on the couch. Your eyes widened, but you refused to look at them. Your face was bright red. THEY WERE YOUR BOSSES, HE'S PRACTICALLY THEIR SON, AH.

"Y/n, wait, at least let me make you breakfast!" Steven yelled, following you outside, "or drive you home?!"

You didn't stop. You kept speed walking away, not daring to look back. Steven sighed and turned around and went inside. What did he do? Oh geez, it was probably the cuddling that freaked you out or the gems? He wasn't sure. He looked up, and all three gems were just staring at him.

"Sooo, you and Y/n had a slumber party?" Pearl asked awkwardly, hands on her knees. Steven groaned and went back up to his room. He was glowing pink. When he reached his room, he noticed something that wasn't his.

Meanwhile, you had just gotten home. Your mind was currently scrambling. Steven and you aren't even dating. How can you allow yourself to fall him like this? He's so nice, caring, selfless, cute... attractive. His deep breaths while he was sleeping were just... so good.

You groaned, your brain needed to stfu. Tears began to well up. Why did life always have to be so complicated? Last night was a mistake. Why would you you stay the night with a boy who hasn't even asked you on an actual date? He probably doesn't even actually like you. He's probably just trying to be friendly. You've always tended to call yourself unlovable.

Nobody would ever date you, you thought. Why do I even bother?

SELF HARM ⚠️

You walked into your bathroom and opened the cabinet above the sink. On the shelf sat a razor blade. Should you? No. You picked it up, sat on the lid of the toilet, and began cutting lines into your forearm. Once you stopped, you couldn't look at it. You just placed the blade back in the cabinet and took a shower.

SELF HARM OVER

Why do you keep going back to this? Will it always be like this? You got dressed after your shower and decided to crawl back into bed.

Hours passed, and there was loud knocking at your door. You rubbed your eyes and opened the door. It was no other than Steven Universe. Shit, he looked worried, and he was glowing pink.

"Oh my God, Steven, I'm sorry, I fell asleep, I meant to text you, but I-" Steven slammed into, wrapping his arms around you so tightly. You felt yourself almost fall over from the pressure. You hugged him back and smiled. Steven pulled away and looked at your lips. You realized what he was doing. You placed your hand up.

"Steven, we need to talk," you said, closing the door behind him. Steven's face contorted with worry. Could he really have fucked so badly that you don't want be friends anymore?

"Um, okay," he said worriedly. He followed you to your couch, where you sat and pulled a pillow into your lap. Steven sat a few cushions away from you, his body very stiff. You could tell he was nervous.

"Steven, you don't have to act so scared," you told him, looking at the floor. You pulled your knees up to yourself.

"Do you not want to be friends with me?" Steven blurted so fast you almost didn't hear him.

"Of course I still want to be friends, it's just, I feel like... we're moving too fast for my liking. If we're gonna kiss and sleep in the same bed together, I want to know if you want what I want," you kept looking everywhere but Steven. You felt almost as if you were being a burden. Your stomach began twisting from fear. What if he didn't want to be in a relationship?

"Y/n, I... I want to be with you, I want you to be... mine, and I want to be yours, I want to kiss and hold hands and stuff," Steven twiddled his thumbs and looked at the ground, "What do you want?"

"I want to be with you, but I want to take things slow, I understand if you don't want to be with me because that," you mumbled, feeling disappointed in yourself.

"No! I'll... I'll do anything, I just want to be with you," Steven turned pink again for a split second. He then scooted closer to you and reached out his hand and you reached out yours, "Y/n, would you maybe want to go on a date with me?"

"Yes," you smiled widely, your cheeks turning pink.

"Really?!" Steven exclaimed, his face also tinting pink, "Can I... can I kiss your cheek?"

"I-" you began but just nodded, Steven smiled and leaned in. His face face was hot and placed a soft kiss on your cheek. You smiled widely, then you a tingling sensation, on your arm under sleeves. Oh. Gem powers. You were lost for second.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" Steven asked, staring at you with worried eyes.

"I... it's nothing," you smiled reassuringly, putting your hands in your lap. You almost felt upset thar they were gone. Like it had been for nothing.

"I'm sorry to just kiss and leave but we both have work tomorrow, I'll see you tomorrow?" Steven said standing up. You smiled and nodded, he blew you kiss and walked out the door. You sat still staring at your arms.