sleepover

(Unedited)

As you two had left the party, you asked if he could stop by your home so you could grab some more comfortable clothes.

"Sorry, I just kinda dressed for style more than comfort tonight," you apologized sheepishly.

"What? Don't apologize. your outfit was pretty fire tonight, though," Steven complimented you, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up," you smiled, rolling your eyes at the compliment, blush creeping onto your face. Steven laughed quietly at your reaction. He actually quite enjoyed making you blush. Maybe he could get your face even redder later... what, no Steven stop. He shook his head at his inappropriate thoughts. Recently, it seems as if his thoughts are not his own.

Soon, he pulled up in front of your house.

"I'll be right back," you said, quickly climbing out of the car, running inside. Steven smiled, watching you go inside, then he slumped in his seat. He let out a groan. Why are you just so.... perfect? Beautiful? Gorgeous? Amazing? You're just something he wants around him, at every second all the time. At work, he would make sure to pair himself with the right gem, who was either going to have you that day or be near you. He's been changing schedules to revolve around you, just so he could be close to you.

Is it just so bad that he wants to be around you as much as possible? Sometimes he'll drive by your home, mostly at night when he can't sleep. He would normally be surprised to see you were awake, too. He had thought about texting you when he would see lights on at your home. Then he would think about how you would question how he knew you were awake or that it was okay to text you that late at night. He sighed, this probably isn't healthy, is it? He thought.

Soon, he saw your front door open back up. He quickly sat himself back up and smiled.

"Heyy," you greeted him, climbing into the car," Sorry it took me so long, I couldn't decide, then I noticed how long i was taking, so I just grabbed something. Is it okay if I change my clothes at your place?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah! Totally okay with me," Steven said, his mind suddenly taking a twist. You, changing, in his house, he quickly shook the thought away. Shut up, brain, he thought.
Once you arrived to his home, he jumped out the car and held the door for you again. He was grinning ear to ear.

"Stop that," you laughed, climbing out while holding your stuff.

"Nope," he said curtly, closing the car door. Steven then stood next to you and offered his arm. Your face blushed once again and you took his, walking up the hill the led to the house.

"Steven," you said, stopping at the stairs, Steven felt your arm leave his. He stopped on the first stair and turned to face you, it almost felt as if he was looming over you.

"Y/n?" He questioned, concern in his brown eyes.

"I... I'm sorry about tonight Steven, I was... I was so ready to meet your friends and hang out with you, but I just started overthinking and I couldn't handle it, I'm so sorry," you looked away, wiping a stray tear that fell on your cheek.

"Y/n, its okay, please stop apologizing," he placed a hand on your cheek and gently moved your head to look at him,"plus... I kind of like our new plan better, I just want to spend with you."

You smiled and nodded, he held his hand out to you. You placed your hand in his and followed him up the stairs. Once you both reached the top, he held opened the screen door for you. You walked in and took in his home. The ceiling was ominously high, the kitchen and living area were in the same room. Then further back was a crystal pad with a large door standing behind it.