i. stuck zipper

^ ( malia's costume ) ^

     THE LIQUID BURNED GOING DOWN MY THROAT. I slammed the shot glass back onto the wooden table and shook my head at the bitter taste from the contents of it. A rush of energy surged through my body and I quickly went to grab the bottle of tequila again.

     After three or so more shots I made my way to the living room. Sam, Tara, Chad, Mindy and I had all moved to New York after the events of last year. We needed to leave Woodsboro for a while, and try our best to find a peaceful state of mind. Being in that town wasn't healthy for any of us. So, when Tara and I expressed interest in Blackmore College, located in NY, that's exactly where we went.

     Chad and I live on campus, but most nights I would bunk with Tara. My dorm was a one person room, so I had no roommate to keep me company throughout the night, and the thought of being alone drives me crazy. Quinn also lives in their apartment. Apparently, she contacted them through a private ad Sam had posted about being in search of a roommate in the area.

Quinn's easy to get along with. We haven't spoken much, but the few times we have she's always been laid back. Although, she spends most of her time in her room shagging it up with a dude she found at a party. She likes to say she's 'sex positive' rather than a slut.

Anika, Tara and Mindy were all sitting on the couch watching a rerun of That '70's Show. I swear they've seen every episode at least ten times.

They were all dressed in their costumes for the Halloween party, already. Tara was a pirate, Anika was a pumpkin and Mindy was dressed in jeans and a sweater.. typical.

     However, they were all more on top of things than I was, as I was still in my pajamas and only had my hair halfway done. I was more focused on pre-gaming.

     "Are you going to get ready some time tonight, Lia?" Tara laughed, looking me up and down. Anika shook her head in amusement. "Chad and Ethan will be here soon, so we can all go together."

     "Shit. How soon?" I asked, oblivious to the fact that the guys were coming over here first instead of us just meeting them at the party. I looked at the clock; 8:32.

     "Chad said he'd be here around 8:45," Tara said as she took a drink out her Cocoa Cola can.

     That was only 13 minutes to do the rest of my hair and get dressed. The outfit alone would take me ten minutes to get on considering how tight it fits to me. "Uh, you might have to leave without me if I'm not ready."

    "No way. We're not letting you walk all alone to this party." Mindy deadpanned, looking at me like I was insane. "Not after all the shit that's happened." I gulped harshly at the thought of murders that took place. "We'll just have someone wait on you."

     "Ok, I'll see you guys in a bit." I rushed to Tara's room and straight to the hot curling iron that has probably been on for too long.

     It only took me about five minutes to finish my hair, good thing my makeup was already done. The silk green dress hung in the closet, the fabric smooth from Sam steaming it last night. The sparkles I glued on the bust were completely dry now, so I took it off the hanger and stripped myself of my pj's.

    As I went to unzip the back of the dress, a gasp came from the doorway of the room. I looked over to find Ethan with his mouth wide open and a hand covering his eyes. I let out a small giggle at this, and at his poorly made knight costume.

     "I am so sorry! I-I didn't know you weren't dressed. I should've b-been more cons-" He stumbled over his words before I finally cut him off.

    "It's okay, Ethan," I laughed, stepping into the thin material. It wasn't embarrassing to me that Ethan saw me in my underwear. It's basically the same thing as a bikini. My hand fell halfway up the zipper track, as I couldn't reach any farther. Ethan was still standing completely still with his hand over his eyes. "Ethan? Could you help me out, please?"

    He slowly dropped his hand and looked at me, confused. I motioned to the zipper and he made an O shape with his mouth before rushing over to me. His hands are cold on my exposed back, and he was trying so hard not to touch me that when he did, it tickled. I rolled my eyes in amusement at his shy demeanor.

    Ethan zipped it all the way up, grabbing the hair I had gathered on my shoulder and combing it back onto my back. He stepped away when I went to sit down to put my heels on.

     "You're seriously going to a party in 6 inch heels?" He snickered timidly, raising his eyebrows at the green, fuzzy shoes on my feet. "That's a broke ankle begging to happen."

     "Don't worry, if my feet start hurting i'll just make you carry me," I winked at him, watching his face blush red instantly. He opened his mouth to say something back but nothing came out. "I'm kidding, dude. I'll make Chad do it." I wasn't kidding about that.

    He let out a blow of air. "What? You don't think I could carry you? I'm strong."

     "Sure." I placed the fairy wings over my shoulders. Ethan stood with a straight face. "Im just about ready. Who else is still here?" I asked, checking the time from Tara's clock hanging above her bed. 8:53. Damn, later than I hoped it would be.

     "Oh, just me. They all left when Chad and I got here," He answered, adjusting his hat.

     I let out a dry laugh. "I'm sorry they stuck you back with me. I was too worried about pre-gaming rather than actually getting ready."

    Ethan shook his head, waving a hand at me. "Don't worry about it. I volunteered to stay back." As soon as the words left his mouth you could see all over his face that he wished he could take it back. "I-I mean.." What is it with this boy and stuttering?

"Thanks," I smiled sweetly at him. He nodded his head slowly, smiling back. "Let's go get drunk."

∙◦∘༄ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( hi )