xv. two bodies

MY FEET ACHED AS THEY forcefully padded down the streets of New York. I have yet to find a police officer— much less a police station. My head was pounding and my nerves were high. Tara and Sam could be dead right now. Ethan could be dead right now.

    My body came to a quick stop, seeing the 'Police' sigh hanging on the building across the street. I didn't even bother to look both way when I ran across the street, I don't have the time. A few cars honked and slammed on there break but luckily none hit me.

     I bursted through the doors of the station, all of the people in the lobby looking up at me in worry. "I need help! You need to go down there and arrest them. Please go save my friends!" I chocked out, grabbing onto the nearest officer.

     He placed two hands on my shoulders, and then signaled something to his partner. "Hey, kid, it's okay. What's going on?"

     My breathing began to slow and I was able to get my words out more coherent this time around. "My friends are in the old theater downtown. They're trapped in there with the Ghostface killers." I explained as a lady in white came and wrapped a blanket around my shivering body. "You have to go now!"

"We need backup at the old theater downtown," He spoke into the mic clipped on his shirt. "Judy, send Bailey to the scene." My heart dropped at the mention of the woman's name. A reminder of the woman I miss so much. I shook my head.

"No, it's him! It's him! Bailey's one of the killers!" I yelled at the officer, to which he looked at me in uncertainty. "You have to believe me! It's him, his son and his fucked up daughter!" I choose to leave Ethan's actual name out of it. Which probably isn't the right thing to do, but I don't care.

"Alright, alright," He said, waving his hands to calm me back down. "You're going to stay here with Officer Judy while my team and I go down to check it out."

I shook my head ferociously, "No, let me go with you! I need to know my friends are okay!" I grasped his hand tightly, looking up at him in desperation.

"Okay."

Red and blue lights flooded the scene and officers were everywhere. I jumped out of the cop car that I had rode in with Officer Jenkins— I found out that was his name— and ran over to a bloodied up Mindy who sat in the back of an ambulance.

She hopped down once she saw me, tears spilling out of her eyes. I ran into her arms, careful not to worsen her stab wound. We buried our heads into each others necks, sobbing at the circumstances. "I'm so fucking glad you're okay, Lia." Mindy grabbed my face with her two hands and looked me over.

"I'm glad you're, okay!" I shouted back, "I had no idea where you were!"

"Malia.. it's Ethan." She swallowed, waiting for my response.

"I know," I said, and then I broke down. My knees buckled beneath me and I fell to the ground, Mindy coming down with me. "I can't believe it Mindy. I love him! God, I had sex with him last night! And this the outcome?"

Mindy's face dropped in shock as she pulled me from her chest to look at me. "You had sex with him?!" I nodded. "Huh."

Suddenly, the doors to the theater busted open and a bloody Sam, Tara, and Kirby came out. Mindy and I shouted in relief, picking ourselves off the ground and running over to them. Tara's body collided into mine and wrapped my arms around her tighter than ever before.

"Tara, I'm so sorry," I cried into her shoulder, thinking about all the stuff Ethan had put her through— had putten all of us through. "I had know idea! I didn't know it was him!"

     "I know, Lia. It's fine," She comforted me, her hand stroking my wild hair down. "And I'm sorry too." She pulled back and looked at me in guilt and sorrow.

     "What do you mean?" I asked, pinching my eyebrows together. "Why are you sorry?" I repeated after she failed to answer my previous question. "Tara."

     "I killed him."

     And with those three words, she had killed me too. But, I understood. I know he's a bad person and didn't deserve any remorse, but I can't help but to cry even harder. Tara pulled me back into her, wincing at my outburst.

     There was a light tap on my shoulder and I broke away from Tara to face Officer Jenkins. I wiped under my eyes and nose. "Yes sir?"

     "How many bodies did you say should be inside?" He asked me in extreme seriousness.

     "Uhm, four. Chad and Bailey and his two kids," I answered. He turned his head to the side and rubbed his jaw. "Why?"

     "Well we've stabilized Chad." Mine and Tara's eyes widened in gratefulness and suddenly Tara was sprinting over to the stretcher being rolled out. She took off Chads oxygen mask and kissed him passionately. I sent him a small wave to witch he mirrored.

     "Kid, we only found two bodies."

     IMESSAGE
ethan + malia

ethan🫶🏻
Malia get out of the
theater now.
sent at 7:49.

ethan🫶🏻
Fuck answer me Lia!
sent at 7:52.

ethan🫶🏻
I love you and I am
so so sorry baby.
sent at 8:01

MALIA STARED DOWN AT her phone in sadness, rereading the same three texts over and over again. Currently, she was sat inside a room at the police station, waiting on Officer Jenkins to update her on the case.

It was the morning after the attack and Ethan Landry's (Kirsch) body had still not been found. I had barley slept any last night, wondering where he could've gone and how bad he was hurt, because Tara had seemed pretty adamant that he was dead. She had even went into detail of how he died and that the last thing he said before Tara shoved them knife into his side was 'Tell Malia I regret nothing.' Of course, that broke my heart into two and I was an emotional wreck for about four hours.

The door to the room opened and I quickly pocketed my phone. Officer Jenkins shot me a sad smile, taking in my sunken appearance. I have heavy bags underneath my eyes and my skin was ghostly pale.

"Did you find anything?" I asked in anticipation, scooting to the edge of my chair.

"No," He responded, but slid me a manila folder full of crime scene photos. I flipped through them slowly until I stumbled upon a picture of a blood trail leading out of the exit at the top of the balcony, the same one I escaped through. "The trail stops as soon as it reaches ground again, but where ever Ethan is, he's hurt bad."

I gulped harshly, not letting the tears that pricked at the back of my eyes fall. "Where do you think he could've went?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Jenkins sighed, leaning back into his chair. "It's a big city."

"Yeah, it is."

IMESSAGE
ethan + malia

malia💞
ethan where are you?

malia💞
i know you're alive. please
just tell me where u are i swear
i won't tell anybody else

malia💞
i just want to see you
again ethan. i'm in pain
knowing you're out there
all alone. please ethan

ethan🫶🏻
Come to your dorm.

THE END?!

∙◦ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( oh my gosh i finished a
story???? WHO AM I?!!
thanks for reading my loves🫶🏻. )