epilogue

HE SAT STILL ON MY BED, his head hanging down into his hands. The Ghostface costumes lay in shreds beneath his feet, my pink pair of scissors beside him. Ethan's body racked with sobs. I shut my door quietly.

Ethan looked up, his face red and eyes watery. "Malia," He breathed out, standing up from my bed and rushing over to pull me into him. I jumped into his arms, burying my head into his neck, soaking in his smell. The scent I never thought I would smell again. I pulled away from the hug and looked up at him as he looked down at me, both of us crying. "I'm sorry." He continued to repeat these words as he held me.

I pulled back and attached my lips to his. They tasted salty from both of our tears being on them. He kissed me back for a moment before he forced himself away from me.

     "Ethan.."

"No, Malia. I don't deserve to be here with you right now. I should've died!" He grunted. "I'm a terrible person, and you deserve much better than that. I mean, you should hate my guts."

     "No!" I yelled at him. "I don't hate you, Ethan. I should, but I don't," I expressed.

     "Why?"

     "Because, Ethan, I love you!" I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. He stopped pacing and looked over at me, shaking his head. "I meant it when I said it in the theater and I mean it now!" I said sternly.

     My legs moved fast to him, pushing his body onto the nearest wall and once again kissing him. This time he didn't pull away. Ethan's hands roamed my body as our tongues fought for dominance. He picked me up and threw me onto my bed, hovering over me as he locked his lips to my neck. I let out a slight moan as I stretched my neck back, allowing Ethan more area to mark.

After a few more minutes of making out, Ethan positioned himself beside me on the bed. I intertwined our fingers together, bringing his hand up to my lips and pressing a small peck to it. I was still furious with him, and the betrayal was definitely still there, but I couldn't help to be anything but in love with him.

"I meant it too," He spoke up, looking over at me with sincere eyes. I tilted my head at him, insinuating that he needs to elaborate. "When I said I loved you. I do. I love you with everything in me, Malia Holster."

     I smiled brightly at him, kissing the tip of his nose. Ethan's eyes shut tight as I did so and he released a quiet giggle. A few moments of comfortable silence passed before he spoke up again.

     "They're gonna find me," His tone was now very depressing. "And I'm really never going to see you again."

     "They're not going to find you, Ethan," I promised him, squeezing his hand tighter. "I'll do anything it takes to keep you with me."

     "Anything it takes," He repeated and leaned in to kiss me passionately.

∙◦∘༄ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( here's a sucky epilogue
for you guys. 😭 i'm posting
the new ethan book this
weekend. i miss my malia
girl already </3. )
edit from 10/29/23, i fucking hate this book oh my gosh