Chapter 2

"Lumine, my sweet Lumine, my pretty songbird, won't you sing something sweet for me? Your voice is like music to my ears. You look so beautiful when you sleep, so peaceful. Oh my beautiful bride, will you be a good girl for me?"

Humming softly, he knelt in front of her in the middle of the night and stroked her hair. "My lovely Lumine." He carefully curled it and slipped it through his fingers. "I wonder what you're dreaming of. Maybe a faceless man fucking you in a cruel way? I should make sure that man gets a face soon." She grimaced occasionally, repeatedly sighing softly in her sleep.

"Shh my lovely girl." With his thumb he caressed her cheek. "Oh I look forward to seeing your face when I start my pretty little games." He laughed softly as he got up. "I will make you dependent on me.

You can't leave me then..."

As quietly as he reached the two sleeping travelers, he left their tent again. Shortly thereafter, however, Lumine woke up from her sleep and looked around insecurely, she felt the presence of someone or something, but she was far too tired to think about it further. If she knew it was Childe, she'd probably leave as soon as possible.

She fell asleep again immediately and in her dreams traveled back in time to where she still traveled from world to world with her brother. Outlanders were the two, she remembered the world before Teyvat, the beauty revealed to the twins. She remembered the beautiful luminous water and shimmering plants, hundreds of years ago.

Fragrant flowers and mysterious creatures crossing their paths. Aether and Lumine would sit on a branch in a tall tree in the evening and watch the sunset. They would make a wish every time they saw a shooting star, sometimes they wondered if they were travelers from distant worlds too. In some places, tales were even told of immortals traveling from one world to another, also called world jumpers or outlanders.

She would always lay her head on her twin brother's shoulder and fall asleep, after a while she would be woken up gently. The twins always looked out and cared for one another, but then she lost her beloved one Aether. While she was sleeping a tear rolled down her cheek, he stood in front of her and stretched out his hand, he whispered to her.

But at the same moment she was awakened by a loud scream. "Lumiiiineeee! The foxes devastated our camp!"

The young traveler was startled and stormed out of the tent, a couple of foxes running around in panic after the yelling that Paimon was making. Things like this sometimes made the fairy question, why they didn't just always sleep in the teapot. Lumine couldn't help but smile a little, but besides the paw prints she found other footprints, human ones. "Paimon I think there was someone here."

"What do you mean?" Lumine gestured towards clear footprints in the ground, they were still fresh. The trail led to Liyue Harbor so there was no point in trying to find that person as it could have been anyone.

Paimon shrugged her shoulders and looked up at the sun. "Shouldn't you be with Childe right now?"

"What..?" She flinched. "Oh right! See you later!" She grabbed her scarf and threw it on while she ran down into the direction of the golden house. Half of the way she stopped as he was already approaching her.

"Oh Childe..." Lumine was nervous, being late for her weekly sparring session. Childe didn't like it when she was late, in fact he hated it almost as much as he hated weak, helpless people. "I'm really sorry I'm late, I just woke up and the camp..."

His serious expression instantly changed to a sweet smile and he laughed heartily. "Oh, that's no problem, I had other plans anyway!" At times the traveler found it slightly confusing as his demeanor changed from being a ruthless killer to being a dimwitted young man.