Chapter 9

When Lumine woke up the next morning as the first rays of sunlight tickled her nose, she turned around hoping to see the Harbinger next to her, but he still wasn't there.

He hasn't returned from the bar last night, instead immediately headed out to do some dirty business un which she didn't want to be involved. She groaned in frustration and got up, putting on her clothes. She was looking forward to cuddling with him for once and then he just stays out at night... His colleagues seeming more important than her.

Suddenly the hotel door opened, Childe staggering through it. "I'm back, love." He hummed and approached her with his shirt half open reaching to hug her, the smell of alcohol in the air.

"Ugh-" She huffed and dodged while she slipped into her gloves. "You should take a bath and wash off that gross smell." Coldly, she turned to him. "Hah, you're such a cutie. No need to be so fussy." He laughed and walked over, wrapping his arms around her waist before pressing a kiss on the top of her head, despite the glare she gave him.

"And you're an idiot, Tartaglia." She challenged him, knowing damn well the man hated to call her by his Fatui names and yet she did to provoke the tipsy guy. "I see your colleagues were more important than me last night, so now I'm going out with Bennett."

He lifted his brows in amusement, yet his gaze hardened as he reached to grip her neck tightly to pull her close. "Now what did I say about calling me that?" His hand wandered up to her hair and gripped a fistful, forcing her to Look up at him. "And then telling me you're going to spend time with another man..." he clicked his tongue. "You're practically begging for a punishment, little songbird."

"Ah- no!" She squealed while his lips brush against hers, her gaze wandering to the door which she should be leaving through soon. "Bennett is just a friend..." the girl huffed and placed her hands on his chest in order to gently push him away from her. "Friend huh? But you didn't say that when you brought him up just now. Maybe you're hoping for something more with him?" He narrowed his eyes, his tone teasing, but there was a hint of seriousness to it as he pulled her to the bed.

"What? You're crazy!" She squealed once again, the idea of wanting to be more than friends with Bennett was absurd, he was a nice guy and all but definitely just a friend in her eyes. "Let go of me Childe!" Her eyes widened for a moment as she realised, that she used his Codename once again, this time yet accidentally.

"You did it again, little bird." He says, her slip up definitely not going unnoticed. "You know what that means right~?" his hands were now planted firmly on her hips and his eyes stared down at her, the playfulness still there, but not nearly as obvious.

"I swear, I didn't mean to..-" her words were interrupted when the man sat down at the edge of the bed and roughly bent her over his lap. Shocked, the young girl stared back at him as he pulled up the fabric of her dress, revealing her pale ass cheeks to him. "Don't you dare-!" She gasped out. "Oh I dare, little bird." came his voice, she could hear the amusement in it, right before he landed the first smack on her ass, the sound echoing throughout the room.

The traveler would throw her head back in pain, enduring the rough spanking. The last time of his hand colliding with her soft ass was so hard, it would leave a swollen and pulsing handprint. One single tear made its way down the girl's cheek as she huffed. "You're cruel!"

"And you love it, little bird." He said with a smirk, giving her another harsh slap on her already red cheeks. He could see the slight bruises starting to form onto her bare skin as he continued. "Please stop," she suddenly begged as her body tensed and squirmed on his lap. "It hurts!"

"I know it hurts, little songbird. I'm doing it to teach you a lesson" His hand stopped mid-air for a second before he gently rubbed at her bruised ass cheeks. "Now, when I tell you something, you'll remember it. You do know my name, right?"