Chapter 3

Childe was happier than ever, his chances were much greater now that he knew his lovely Lumine was developing feelings for him. Whistling, he got up from his bed and put on his clothes, over which he wore a coat because today it was a little frosty in Liyue.

Deep in his thoughts he thought of his sweet Lumine, soft rosy hickeys adorning her delicate body, his hand snuggly wrapped around her thin neck. Could he possibly steal another kiss today? Childe couldn't wait to claim her, the mysterious divine traveler, have her all to himself.

He left his room and wrapped his scarf around his neck, even pulling it up to his face. Perhaps he could take her to dinner again tonight? He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a familiar squeaky voice up on the balcony.

He crept quietly upstairs and when he spotted his sweet Lumine with another man, his fuse blew. He would have to isolate her from the world so no other man could ever desire her again, one would have to forget her and even then one longs for her divinity.

The man with blueish hair behaved like he was keeping her distanced, yet they seemed close. He listened to her, his expressions and his body showing interest for the young woman as he quietly took the Tofu that Lumine gave him.

Without further ado, the fatui decided to approach the three and not to hide. So now Childe would put on a bitter fake smile and pretend nothing happened. "I wouldn't have expected you here, comrade."

The young traveler and her floating friend turned to the copper haired man and Lumine looked less than pleased. "Childe, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. But to answer your question, I'm staying here." He stood right next to her, almost between her and the young man she was talking to just a moment ago. "X-Xiao, this is Childe."

The man with the copper coloured hair held his hand out as a 'nice gesture' as he would say but the man who appeared to be called Xiao grumbled and filled his mouth with another peace of the almond tofu. "My dear comrade's an excellent cook, isn't she?" Childe would grin, and put an arm around her gently rubbing her shoulder.

Petting her and then squishing her cheeks as he turned her to face him, the tall would glare at the adeptus. Paimon was just floating there not knowing anything about this situation.

"Stop that." The traveler scolded and grabbed Childe's wrists as her cheeks were already red. Pouting and huffing she turned on her heel and faced the other man, the 'competitor' as Tartaglia would call him. Oh dear boy should learn that not everyone Lumine was talking to was trying to get her.

"Will you help me now or not?" She asked Xiao who sighed slightly annoyed. "If I see anything, I'll let you know." The fatui stood next to them, confused as to what was going on, even slightly angry. If his Lumine needed help, she could ask him, too.

"Thank you, Xiao." Her lips were decorated with a smile, I smile that wasn't for the man with the copper coloured hair. With a nod, the immortal creature disappeared into thin air, Childe had an unease feeling the whole time until he was gone, kind of a headache.

"Why do you ask him for help but not me?" His voice was trembly, his muscles were tensed as he stared down at the traveler with gritted teeth.

Without thinking, the lovely Lumine chirped a few words that almost made the man's fuses blew. "He is a very good friend and promised to help me." Paimon would follow the young traveler down the steps, but Childe considered for a moment what he needed to do to keep her away from this other man. "You coming?" the girl called out to him.

Sighing, he finally followed her, made a detour to the kitchen to treat himself to a snack, then all three made their way to Liyue Harbor. The little fairy next to his lover was holding a note which they both stared at, Childe would love to know what was written on it. "Somewhere around here should be a lavachurl." The blond mumbled and looked around slowly and attentively. "I see none." The Harbinger whistled as he rounded the corner of a cliff with his hands behind his head, Lumine narrowing her eyes at him and turned back to Paimon.