𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝒟𝒾𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓎

𝒟𝒾𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓎

It seems the ball was a successful business meeting for my family, as my father managed to secure a good alliance with the Gaunt's, I was finally able to breathe. It seems that the new school year was vast approaching, with five days to go, me and my brother seemed to be lacking new uniform, equipment and the required books we both needed. As I passed the study mid-afternoon, my mother was arguing with my father about financial struggles.

"Oh Edmund! We need the money for the children!" She snapped as she threw the lists we had been given over the summer.

"Astoria they shall have the money, by this evening!" My father yelled back, not even glancing at the lists.

I quickly decided to remove myself from the situation and spend the rest of the afternoon reading a potions book. Dinner was another silent affair, as we eat in complete and utter silence. The only noise filling the room was the clashing and clanging of our cutlery touching the plates. When we had finished, I was clearing my mouth with a napkin.

Father cleared his throat. "You two shall go to Diagon Alley soon, collect whatever you need, mother and I are not to go with you, we have business out of town, unfortunately, we will not see you before school," He announced with a stern tone. "I am assured you could find means of transport to get to London and get yourselves to Hogwarts."

Theo and I nodded in unison as we got up from the table, and disappeared upstairs for the evening. As I was sewing an old garment which I was to take to Hogwarts, I frowned in confusion, they never had business out of town. I glanced at my candle which was providing light into my bedroom, before hearing another argument break out downstairs. I sighed, I was perched on my window ledge, listening to the rain patter.

I was fed up with this summer, I wanted to be free at Hogwarts once more. The growing pressures of my family was daunting on me and heavily at that. My final year was coming vast around the corner, it's finally caught up with me, my precious time at my escape, my haven, was coming to an end. I had never anticipated this to end all so quickly. 

Shy, small and quiet I entered that great hall, all by 6 years ago. I was sorted into Slytherin. it seemed to be fate, my twin brother following in close pursuit. We have thrived in the house, making the best of friends within our common room, the parties, the endless nights full of mindless chatter, the gossip, the fights that broke out. It seemed like a lifetime ago since I was sat up late at night, laughing with Ominis about some ridiculous potion Gareth would have made that day.

My life at home, is a contrast to that at Hogwarts. At home, I am supposed to be the definition of perfect, poised and proper, coming from an well-known family the Pierce's no matter whom was about, you have to live up to the name. Hence why me and Theo have it so harsh, my father Edmund Pierce is the only living Pierce at this current time apart from me and Theo, meaning we had it as harsh as he did. Being the heirs to the family meant carrying a great deal of expectation and responsibilities on our backs.