𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉-𝑜𝒻-𝒯𝑒𝓇𝓂 𝐹𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉

𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉-𝑜𝒻-𝒯𝑒𝓇𝓂 𝐹𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉

The next morning I was dreading to leave the comfort of my dorm, afraid to face the ever concerning faces and questions that would follow my outburst from last night. I turned over seeing the sunlight reflect into my room, providing a light blue gradient to the room. We had one day to go before classes, meaning everyone would return tonight. The start-of-term feast was tonight as well, and I could not wait for the familiar and friendly faces.

I was actually missing Gareth's goofy face. I sighed getting up and throwing myself into the shower, I turned the basset to hot, as I slipped out of my nightgown, seeing the cuts and bruises around my back, seeing where the corset had dug in. My skin was tender as I felt the hot liquid touch my skin, I cursed as the water trickled down my back touching the surface area.

Finishing in the shower, I looked at my reflection, brushing my teeth and brushing through my tangled hair. I was unsure of what the boys were up to and if I am honest, I didn't care. Drying my hair quickly, putting on my skirt, tights and lightly loosened shirt I made my way down to the common room, luckily it was empty.

I sighed with relief, rushing through the common room, and disappearing up the spiral staircase. Hogwarts was a big enough castle, they need to find me first to press their questions. I wondered up the grand staircase, I was planning to go out to the transfiguration courtyard to catch some fresh air before going to see Professor Fig in the Defense Against the Dark arts tower.

The ground was moist from where it rained last night, the smell of damp rain comforted me more than the sun. I took a deep breath as the light summer breeze hit my face, as I looked at the now empty courtyard, tomorrow it will be full of students.

Having five minutes outside, I walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts tower, the music echoed throughout the building, as the marble floor gave my presence away, I walked up to his room, knocking on his office, hearing him rustling some papers before opening the door.

"Ah, Eira!" He smiled as he opened the door wider. "Back a day earlier than expected."

I nodded as I entered the clustered office, piles of books and globes filled the room. "Yes Professor, me and my brother had just about enough this summer," I admited as he closed the door behind him. "I am sure it will be our last at home before we loose the plot."

Fig simply chuckled. "I am assured, Hogwarts is always here to welcome you home." He comforted me, walking over to his china set. "Tea?"

"Always Professor." I smiled as the teapot poured itself, and the spoons added two sugars, the jug of milk also poured before it made its way to my hand.

"Now, do tell me, how was your studies over the summer?" He asked as a chair pulled up at the foot of his desk.

I sighed taking a seat. "Well, father was cautious about letting me use his study," I admitted using a teaspoon to swirl the golden liquid. "However, I found this book, it was a magical healing book." I said.