𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝑀𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝓁

*!WARNING: MENTIONS OF DEATH!*

Travelling home brought back memories I had buried for the last few weeks. My bedroom had be untouched, the bed still made, the wardrobe door slightly open, the dresses laid out onto the bed. I huffed, hating being back in this room made me think of the summer we endured. It was silent, deadly silent in the house. The only sound was muffled voices downstairs. Theo slowly opened the oak door, the study was vacant.

Tiptoeing over to the study, I anxiously waited for a floorboard to give our location away, as Theo crawled on his knees. I gently pushed open the door, revealing the moonlight cascading onto the wooden desk. Mountains of parchment paper and his pocket watch.

"Where did you last see it?" Theo whispered.

I went to the middle shelf. "Here, typically, it is here," I frantically was looking for the cover. "But it's not here." I hissed. He started ripping the shelves apart, my hands started sweating as the voices laughter echoed throughout the house.

"Eira is it even here?" He hissed, looking at the right bookshelf.

"It has to be!" I hissed back, I took a book of the higher shelf, with a brown and , gold embellishments of a flower on the cover. "This it it!" He nodded his head, putting the books back.

"Great, let's go..." He whispered, suddenly the sound of footsteps on the wooden flooring caused us to pause right in our tracks. The mens laughter roared from the landing, quickly I grabbed his hand, flinging open the reading room and silently closing the door behind us. I held my breath as the footsteps reached the study where we were moments ago. I heard my dad's voice and another male speak, as the chair ached from my father sitting down in the old leather chair.

He cleared his throat. "So, what is the news you bare?" My father asked.

"We've gotten nowhere with the leads," A formal voice said. "Your daughter, is causing more issues than answers, last night she was found in Feldcroft with that Sallow boy and that Gaunt boy."

"I see," The sound of port being poured alerted my hearing. "That Sallow boy is posing a threat to us already, I believe he is courting her. Leads to an dead end." My father's heartless voice said.

"Courting her?" The voice roared with laughter. "She maybe all beauty but the brains are lacking."

"Anyways, I want that Sallow boy attended to," My father's voice said sternly. "Get rid of him, exterminate him, whatever you have to do to ensure he leaves my daughter's prospects alone." I looked at Theo as he covered my mouth making my gasp inaudible.

"Kill him? A boy? Edmund we are better than that," The voice tutted. "Let us have our fun first, I have heard talks they are after this sundrop flower. If we retrieve it before they find it, we will catch them right in the act, we get rid of this pathetic boy, your daughter realizes she was in the wrong all this time, I make my profit and you can deal with the rest."