Prologue

Hello reader. The date is sometime in summer of 2013. My name is Ellie Gontier and I'm a member of the band Three Days Grace. You might be wondering how I ended up in this position. Well, you asked and I'm here to provide. This is my story.

-Ten Years Ago-

I was sitting in my car after I got off work. I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and turned the air conditioning on. It was late. Almost 11:00pm. I turned my radio on and Just Like You by my new favorite band Three Days Grace was playing. I smiled and turned the radio up. I reminded myself that I had to go out and buy the cd and the vinyl tomorrow. I lived in an apartment complex, but it didn't have a parking garage so I had to walk down the street to get to my car. I made sure my car was locked and started the walk to the building. I always got super nervous walking around at night. It must be a woman thing because none of the guys in my life are scared when they go out alone. I saw someone walking on the sidewalk up ahead and gripped my keys in between my fingers. I stared at the ground and zoned out. I felt my foot get caught on the uneven ground and went sprawling out onto the ground. The contents in my bag went everywhere. I started to pick them up when the man I saw knelt down next to me. I wasn't sure what he was going to do so I hesitantly looked up at him and scooted away at the same time.

"Are you okay. It looks like you hit the ground pretty hard." He asked.

His voice sounded familiar, and he looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out where I had seen him before.

"I'm alright. Thanks for picking all that up."

He smiled and handed my bag back to me. I took it and stood up off the ground. "Well, this was an interesting encounter, but I have to head home now."

"Right. It is late. I'm Adam by the way."

That was the moment it all made sense. But there was no way it could have actually been him right?

"I'm Ellie."

"That's a cute name. Also that is a nice shirt."

I looked down at my Three Days Grace shirt.

"So it is you? I wasn't sure and I didn't want to embarrass myself if I was wrong."

He ran a hand through his hair. "So you're a fan? Nevermind I knew that."

I chuckled.

"Are you going to be at any of the concerts?" He asked me. He had a hopeful look in his eyes and even though I didn't have tickets I decided I was going to.

"That is the plan. I'm just trying to find someone to go with."

"What about me?"

I laughed.

"What is so funny?" He was genuinly confused and it made me laugh a bit harder.

"Well, seeing as you're going to be up on stage we can't exactly go together."

He rubbed his face with his hand. "Right right. That makes sense. Well, I will see you around then."

"See ya."

I walked away and made it to the apartment building. I was about to enter the room when I realized that I forgot to ask for his phone number. I was sad, but I brushed it off. Maybe we would run into each other again. Until then I had to figure out how to get to one of his concerts.