Chapter One

It had been a week since my encounter with Adam and I still hadn't seen him. I was hoping I could get his number or something. Not because I was a crazy fangirl, but because I needed new friends. The only person I really talked to was my boyfriend. Speaking of, I was in the car with him. He was driving and we were listening to music and enjoying the comfortable silence that fell around us.

"Can we stop by the record store on the way home? I haven't been able to make it there yet." I asked him.

He smiled and then pulled into the parking lot. "Of course. You don't have to ask."

I gave him a quick kiss before I got out. "I'll be right back okay?"

"Sounds good." He turned the music up when I closed the door and I walked into the store.

I went to the cd section and searched for Three Days Grace. I found it and smiled at it. It felt like I hit the jackpot. I walked over to the vinyl tower and found the record. I walked up to the counter and set my stuff down.

"Just these two please."

"Alrighty then." The girl rang up my stuff and I was about to pay. Someone walked up next to me and set their stuff down.

"And these."

I looked up to see Adam. "I can pay for myself y'know."

He smiled. "I know. But your not going to."

He payed and we started talking.

"I was wondering if I would see you again." He said.

I smiled. "I was wondering the same thing."

"I uh, never got to ask for your number."

I pulled out my phone and opened a new contact. "Put yours in and I'll do the same for you."

We traded numbers. "Thanks." he said

"No problem. I gotta go. My boyfriends waiting on me. I'll text you. Maybe we could hang out sometime?"

"Sounds good. See ya around."

I smiled and then walked over to the car.

"Did you get what you needed?"

I smiled again. "I did."

"Who was that guy you were talking to?"

"You don't recognize him?"

He looked at me all confused and then looked back at the road. "No."

I excitedly launched into the store of how I met him and how it was exciting. "You have to come to the concert with me! It will be awesome! We can all be friends."

"I don't know."

"Why not?"

"Well, he's a guy. And guys like to hit on girls and steal them from their boyfriends."

I was shocked. Matt was never one to say anything like that so I wasn't sure why he was reacting that way.

"You don't."

"Well, I'm not everyone else."

I was too stunned to speak so I didn't say anything. I felt my phone buzz and I looked at it.

Adam: Hey Ellie :)

I smiled.

Ellie: Heyyyyyyy. Hows life?

I cringed at my response. I always sucked at talking to people over text.

Adam: Good :). Excited for tour.