Chapter Eight

It had been a few days since everything happened with Matt and Nora. I was feeling a little better. Even though my wrist was all wrapped up i kept playing guitar. We were about halfway done with the tour. It was crazy how fast everything happened. The tour was going by quick. We were on our way to the next stop on the tour when the bus suddenly stopped. We all looked around at each other.

Gavin came out into the seating area. "I think the bus broke down."

I sighed. "Crap."

Adam chuckled. "Crap is correct."

I elbowed him for being a smart ass and he swatted my hand away. I hit his hand back and we started throwing pillows.

"PILLOW FIGHT." Neil yelled.

We all started throwing pillows around the bus and even got Gavin in on it. I was hiding behind the kitchen counter when Adam leaned over and smacked me with his pillow. In the process he knocked a glass cup on the ground, causing glass to shatter everywhere.

"Adam!"

"Shit."

I stared at the glass pieces and felt that familiar feeling. There was a voice in my head telling me to grab the glass and cut myself.

Adam crouched down next to me.

"Are you okay? Did you get cut?"

I looked up at him. "Yeah I'm okay. No cuts."

Barry came over. "Adam! That was my favorite cup!"

We started sweeping up the glass.

"How is it your favorite? They all look the same." Adam said.

"Because I grab the cup from the same spot every time!"

I laughed.

"You think this is funny?" He asked jokingly.

"Very much actually. How do you know I'm not rearranging the cups at night when your all sleeping so your actually grabbing a different cup every time?"

"You would never."

Adam stood up. "Alright glass is cleaned up. Gavin do you know whats wrong with the bus?"

"No, But we have a tow truck coming and a ride to a motel."

The tow truck showed up and we followed them to the motel.

"Your mechanic is going to come all the way out here to work on the bus?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Yeah."

I smiled. "Well if he wanted to charge you too much I can work on it."

"I didn't know you knew your way around a car."

I smiled. "One of my many talents."

We got checked into the motel. The four guys got to share a room that had two kings and Gavin and I shared a room with two full sized beds. I was grateful. I couldn't imagine sharing a room with those four.

"So the mechanic is going to show up in like an hour. I'm not sure when were gonna get back on the road so tour is postponed."

I nodded my head. "Makes sense. I'm gonna walk to the gas station. You want anything?"

"Coke and original lays."

"A classic combo."

I left the room and knocked on the guys door.

"Its open!"

I walked in. "So your just gonna let anyone in here are you?"

Neil waved me off. "We knew it was you."