The Trouble with Babies

The credit for this OS goes to a suggestion from @DaleenAbusaad - I may have married in a bit of the cancer topic too. Hopefully I did credit to your thoughts.

This isn't very fluffy, the next one will by much lighter - promise but I was cranky post time change and this fit my mood.

A special Thank You to @Kristin828677 for reminding me that Post-Partum Depression is a serios condition. A chemical imbalance rather than something a woman can control. The below link from the CDC provides good information! Thank you again Kristin!

https://www.cdc.gov/hearher/partners-friends-family/index.html?s_cid=DRH_Hear_Her_SearchOY1_Support_Emotional_Main

Mature scenes between the **** for those who want to skip them!

And before I forget a big THANK YOU for all the suggestions - have a list and am checking them off! 

******************************************************************

"I can't do it Melo, what if he doesn't want the baby? We already know that he doesn't want me," stressed Eda.

Sometimes she just wanted to shake Eda, she was so damned stubborn but then so was Serkan, "Dada, I've been in the office every day since you've left. Do you know that he just came back a week ago? A week. If he was so over you and so ready to be back to work like you said why wasn't he there?"

"Melo, I only came home to visit you and hala after graduation, I didn't really plan on staying here. I don't think I can just show up on Serkan's doorstep looking like this," Eda swept her hand over her very obvious baby bump.

She sat back, time for some hard truths for her best friend, "Aren't you the EXACT same girl who tried to run away when she thought that Selin was pregnant? . . . . . . Let me think, why was that? Oh right, because you didn't want to deprive a child of their parents because you grew up without them. You were going to leave Serkan to raise a child with a woman he didn't love because you wouldn't deprive that child. But it's okay to deprive him of this one? Why?"

Eda sat back down, "It's not the same thing Melo."

"Really Dada? Because from where I'm sitting it's worse. You love Serkan and regardless of what happened we all know he loves you but you've been hiding your pregnancy for five months. You want to deprive him of his child but you were going to make him raise one that wasn't even his with Selin? Someone he didn't love? You're right, it isn't the same thing. I'm right it is worse."

"He said we're over, he didn't want anything to do with me, you don't understand."

Melo pretended to think, she already knew the answer to the question but she asked it again, "Just how hard did you try to talk to him once you had it confirmed? You went to talk to him in person? You called him at work over and over? E-mail? Oh wait, no, you called once, when he didn't answer you sent one text. When he responded that you were over you just took him at face value and went on your merry way. Is that the part I didn't understand?"

"I was afraid Melo. What if he didn't want the baby?"

"Then at least you told him. At least he knew he was going to have a child with you. He couldn't force you to get rid of the baby. You had a say in the matter too so don't try that weak argument. You could have told him before you left, you knew you were pregnant. Just because you had it confirmed in Italy didn't mean that you didn't know you were pregnant here in Istanbul. You can lie to yourself all day long just don't try to lie to me."

Eda tried to get Melo to see it from her point of view but even saying it out loud she knew it was weak, "All he wanted to do was work. He was going back to work and things had changed and we had grown apart. He didn't want to work in the same room with me anymore. We fought constantly. He forgot about me."