My Fairy Girl and a Sprite

Based on a prompt from my friend @AlexandraCanada - a slightly different meeting of Serkan and Kiraz

Mature content between the ****

**********************************************************************

His hallucinations were getting stronger every day. He saw Eda in every shop, on every street and in every dream. He was losing his mind and it was his own damned fault. He had sent her away and every day that she was gone it was another lash on his heart. Another grain of salt pressed into the gaping wound that she left when she took her half with her. He sat in the room that he kept her things in every night, the only place where he got any peace. Her fragrance surrounding him. The bottle that he bought for her on the table.

Serkan paged through their pictures again. He stopped on the picture of her with her bride headband. She should have been his wife, she was still the only woman that he loved but the damned cancer had made him weak. He had chased her away. He couldn't stand to have her watch him die, he couldn't let her waste her life on him.

So he ran or he tried but the nightmares and dreams were a part of him that he could never escapes no matter how far he went. And he went far, they sent him to every corner of the globe where he built monuments to Eda. No one ever noticed that her initials were in every slab of concrete or the coordinates of her star were in every design. She was with him everywhere. It would have been better if he had died rather than living in this hell without her. Engin kept telling him to date, take out any of the women that chased him but Serkan refused. He was only going to ever want one woman. If he couldn't have her he would have no one.

Tomorrow he would pick up Pyril and see where they were trying to send him this time. He didn't really want to go anywhere. He hated being away from Eda's things. Maybe he was extra melancholy because he had been to the doctor today and had gotten good news. He was cancer free, he was still cancer free. It had been five years and there was no reoccurrence and the odds were that it wouldn't come back. He could have punched the man in the throat.

This was the same man that signed the death warrant for him when he went to talk to him about having children with Eda. He told him he was infertile, he told him that the cancer had a greater than seventy percent chance of returning in five years so he sent his love away so she could have a life. What were the chances that he wasn't infertile either. He had a semen analysis done that afternoon that confirmed that very thing. He should have talked to Eda, she would have made him get second opinions. He was a fool and he was being punished every day by his decisions.

They should have had children by now, two or three. Eda probably did, she probably loved some other man, someone who wasn't a broken ass like himself. Someone who knew how to tell her how much he loved her. He remembered the last time he saw her at her graduation in Italy, hidden by the trees. He had to see her accomplish her goals. Her beautiful smile, her speech, he played it so many times just to hear her voice. He was pathetic.

Pyril walked out of the meeting to find Serkan, she could hear the frustration in his voice. She heard that a lot lately and she knew what was driving it. Serkan didn't think that she knew how much he was missing Eda but she did. Serkan didn't think she knew that he traveled with her pictures but she did. She knew more about Serkan than he thought she did. She had been sending him all over the world and now she was supposed to send him to Minnesota in the middle of winter. She couldn't do it.

She had been protecting Eda for years. Whenever Eda needed to come to Istanbul Serkan got sent out of town and Pyril was tired of doing it to him. They were two of her best friends and the strain of keeping them apart was too much for her, there were things that Serkan needed to know. She had been telling Eda that he deserved to know but Eda was stubborn.