Drive Me Insane

Thank you @Mille-Feuillesfor the prompt!

Since I changed the overall rating to Mature I kind of gave up on the warning!

****************************************************************

"Eda, Eda, EDA! Slow down! You're going to crash!" Serkan yelled.

She shot back ferociously, "Why do you care? Get out then I'll drive how I want! Crash if I want!"

"Calm down Eda," he tried in a more rational tone.

But Eda was having none of it. Her anger, hurt and frustration had reached the boiling point. How had this man so crazy in love with her a week ago broken her heart. From I love you to I want to break up with you in the blink of an eye. Eda lost control of the wheel a bit as she wiped a tear from her eye. Serkan reached for it but she slapped his had away. She pressed her foot on the accelerator as the SUV fishtailed around the bend.

"Eda for the love of God slow down!"

"What do you care Serkan? What do you care? Nothing! That's what you care!"

He watched as his love was breaking down before his very eyes and he couldn't hold it in any longer, "I love you Eda. I never stopped loving you. But you'll hate me and I couldn't . . . . . ."

She swung around another turn struggling to hold on to control of the vehicle, "You never loved me. It was all a ploy to sleep with me. . . . . .you got what you wanted and threw me away. I was a fool, a fool," Eda sobbed out.

"No Eda, I love you, I can't do this anymore. I can't take what it's doing to you, to us. Stop and I'll tell you the reason. If you want me to leave after I will but please stop torturing yourself. Pull up this road, please."

Something in the tone of his voice penetrated her anger and pain and Eda swung the wheel steering the SUV up the incline. She slammed on the brakes and the vehicle rocked to a stop, "Happy now?"

Eda turned to watch Serkan. For the first time in days she actually saw him and saw the same torment in his eyes that was in hers. Serkan had braced his hands on the dashboard as if anticipating a crash.

"I never wanted to cause you pain and yet that is all I have done and I ache with how I've hurt you. Our separation wasn't something I wanted or asked for but I heard you and Ceren talking about not being able to forgive and I knew that I had no chance. . . . . . .the day after we made love my father destroyed me. He told me how when he was younger he cut corners in his operations and hired subcontractors that weren't qualified. His negligence resulted in the deaths of a young couple leaving their daughter an orphan. You Eda, my father hired the subcontractors that did the work that caused the collapse killing your parents. I begged my father to tell you but he refused so I planned on telling you and then I heard you talking to Ceren and I knew that you would hate me too. I couldn't have you look at me with hatred and yet that's what happened. What we've done to you is unforgiveable."

She was stunned and in pain for both herself and Serkan, she could see the heartbreak in his eyes. His beautiful eyes. Serkan opened the door to get out of the car but Eda stayed him with a hand on his arm, "Don't Serkan. Talk to me. When did you hear Ceren and I talking? On my patio? The night you broke up with me?"

He nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"You know that we were talking about my grandmother and her behavior before and after the accident right? She is someone that I cannot forgive or ever plan on forgiving for many reasons. You eavesdropped on us and you thought that I was taking about the person responsible for my parents accident?"

He swung tear swollen eyes to Eda, "I heard you and Ceren, she asked you directly."

"If I could forgive the person responsible for my parent's deaths, yes. And I said no. Are you responsible for them Serkan? Was this your fault? At eleven years old were you responsible for what happened to my parents? Did you manage your father's business? Hire contractors?"