Chapter Seven.

Kyle's POV Still:

I sat down in the waiting room as my mom bailed me out. David was sitting across from me, wrapped in bandages. He was looking down at his bruises and cuts and I looked at mine. Well, the ones I could see. I looked at Y/N, who was sitting next to me. David's parents were screaming at David but I just ignored them. I caused so much trouble because I let my feelings for Y/N get the best of me. I looked up and saw a police officer walk up to me. "You did the right thing kid. Who knows what he would have done if you didn't step in. Good going." I looked up at him as he handed me my phone which was in a baggy. "We'll me taking him into questioning for sexual assault. Y/N L/N said it was. Don't expect to not come back here. Be more careful next time." He walked away and my mom came up to me. She smacked me. I could feel the hand mark forming but I avoided eye contact with anybody.

"I'm proud of you for protecting her." My moms Jersey accent was becoming hard because of her anger and panic mixing together. David's parents were pissed at us, but even more pissed at their son for assaulting a girl. Fuck, we were only in highschool. I looked over at Y/N and she had her face buried in her hands. "I thought I could trust him. We were best friends. Why would he do this?" She whispered. I wrapped my arms around her and she let out all of her feelings in one cry.

Y/N's POV:

Kyle's warm embrace comforted me. I was tired and sad and angry and everything just started to come down on me. I couldn't breathe from the internal pain it gave me. We would have to resign from the competition. I have no idea what he would have done if Kyle wasn't with me. I can't be his partner again. It's too painful.

After the whole problem we arrived back at Kyle's. It was around 4 AM and Ike was half asleep on the couch. He popped his head up and ran over to us. "What happened Kyle!?" Kyle and me were too tired to explain anything. The police helped with his open cuts but he was still in pain. "Go up to bed Bubbie. I'll put Ike to sleep." I helped Kyle up the stairs and he hissed in pain at every step. After awhile we made it to his bed and I layed him down on the bed. "I'm so sorry about David." I held his hand as I kneed down to his height on the bed. "I didn't kick his ass just because of how he did that. I mean, yes, it was the main reason, but I have another reason. I've been having these feelings for so long but I didn't want to lose a friend. I did it because of jealousy." What is Kyle talking about? I gave him a confused look.

"I'm... I'm in love with you. I've been fighting these feelings since we became friends. You are such a good person, I don't know how to fight this anymore." He felt the exact same way as me. He said everything I've been thinking about him in one sentence. "Kyle, you don't know how long I've waited for you to tell me this." His eyes widened and he sat up. The remaining light from his dimmed LED lights made his emerald eyes look heavenly. Kyle cupped my cheek and brought his warm lips to mine.

It felt like fireworks were going off in my stomach. He's the only boy I want. He's so perfect and he doesn't even know it. His red curls tickled my cheek but I didn't care. He is perfect for me.

We both pulled away and I wrapped my arms around him and got on top of him. We sat there and took in eachothers touch while we hugged. He's protected me since day 1. This boy is beautiful.

Finshed!!!