🏹 five

"so what does this mean?" jungwon questioned the girl beside him, holding a pen between his slim fingers that pointed at the last step of a math problem written in her textbook as an example

"so what does this mean?" jungwon questioned the girl beside him, holding a pen between his slim fingers that pointed at the last step of a math problem written in her textbook as an example. "that x.. equals four." haeun looked at him as a kind of confirm that what she was saying made sense, earning a somewhat encouraging nod and a grin spread across his defined lips.

"that's right." he flipped the page and rested his back against the chair, letting his body drown in sleepiness as he tilted his head backwards with closed shut eyes. tutoring someone like haeun, someone that barely had any basic acknowledge and had a lot of problems learning things, was a tough challenge. but jungwon already picked up the methods to help her out whenever she doesn't understand without making things seems harder than what they actually are.

"you're improving—" just then, haeun's mother appeared from behind the door holding a tray with a ceramic bowl and two glasses of water on it, keeping a warm smile on the same pair of lips haeun has. "i brought you some snacks, studying can get really hard so you need energies."

haeun widened her eyes as she saw her mother approaching the desk, turning her head towards the opposite direction and purposely letting the hair she would usually tuck behind her ear cover her bare face. if mrs.park saw her like this, without a single drop of makeup again and clothes that resembled a pajama, she would be doomed for life. so she just acted as if she saw scribbling something until the woman left.

"these are frozen grapes, feel free to eat as much as you want." won returned the same smile she was giving him, muttering a small thank you at her warm gestures.

mrs.park, haru, adores jungwon. she wants her daughter not only to date him, but to marry him too. can you balme her? jungwon is kind, rich, cultured, humble, respectful and mature. plus his mother said he wants to become a lawyer, so that is a huge bonus considering everyone in this family is a lawyer. and with her daughter's looks and jungwon's charisma, the grandchildren she would recieve would be the prettiest people on this planet.

yet no matter how many hints she could give her daughter, haeun seems to be completely oblivious of her mother's true intentions.

"shall we continue? or do you want a five minutes break?" the boy asked her taking a grape from the bowl in front of him and bringing it onto his mouth, earning a shrug from her who continued the doodle she started when her mother walked in. "everything is fine for me."

he just hummed, eyes roaming around the already familiar room despite only being here since a week. there was a white rack in the corner near the window, and it contained tons of albums of different girl groups, while on the top shelf there were notebooks that looked like photocard binders. and just by that, jungwon could tell she loves kpop.

on the wall were scattered a genuine amount of posters and pictures, all being of girls again. right behind the door hung on the wall three coat hangers, with three respective jackets or coats.

her room was extremely tidy for someone extremely messy like her.

on her desk rested a small drawer that contained what he assumed to be sleeves and toploaders. and above that was a series of polaroids held together by a rope and some glue.

"haeun," he spoke gently to grab her attention, head turning towards him as she hears her name. "when is your birthday?"

a frown adorned her features as her brows knitted together, seeing no reason why he should be asking that. "why?" a grin curved across his lips but he just shook his head, keeping his gaze fixated on a picture of who he assumes to be chaewon from lesserafim.

"just curious."

"it's august 31," she answered curiously, pen rolling between her fingers lowering in a straight line. "mine's february 9."

perhaps, jungwon wasn't just curious when he asked the girl seated beside him the day that only arrives once a year.

was supposed to update 2 days ago but i spent all my time being delulu over jungwon and i forgot 💀