🏹 thirty-four

"i haven't seen you around much

"i haven't seen you around much." haeun was startled by a feminine voice behind her, quickly diverting her gaze from jungwon playing on the basketball court to a girl her age, straight silky hair black like the night sky and eyes resembling two tapioca pearls. she was tall, and her features were out of this world.

so that's the kind of girls in jungwon's school? damn, she feels like a piece of shit compared to them.

she reciprocated the smile that adorned her soft lips, glancing back at her boyfriend before nodding her head. "yeah, i'm from a different school, that's why."

haeun watched her take a seat beside her, placing her hands on both sides as they rested on the wooden bench and she nodded her head. "if that's so, why are you here?"

the park pointed at the player number 4, jungwon, who had just made other two points and was being cheered on by the rest of the team. "i'm here for my boyfriend, i'm waiting for him to finish so we can go out together."

she caught her smile fading for a moment before it curved her lips again. the girl outstretched her hand for a handshake which haeun gladly accepted, still keeping the grin on her lips despite feeling something suspicious about her. "i'm kim minji."

"i'm haeun."

"so why are you here?" haeun questioned and kim minji pointed at the same exact player as the grin faded off haeun's glossy lips. "the exact same reason."

there is no way this girl just shamlessly told her she came here just to watch her boyfriend playing basketball in front of his girlfriend. who the fuck does she think she is anyway?

"haeun!" jungwon shouted her name from the basketball court, voice echoing in the gym as the park quickly snapped her head towards the direction of the voice. "we're done for today! we can go!"

haeun couldn't grasp it completely, but it seemed as if there was concern and discomfort written all over his elegant features, but nevertheless she rapidly took her backpack from the floor and walked away from minji. no way in hell is she she staying with someone who's interested in her boyfriend and has a lot of chances to stay close to him.

jungwon washed away his previous emotions and painted his face with a smile, snaking an arm around haeun's waist before pulling her closer to himself as if he felt minji's hatring glare on them. "i won again during practice, so i'll treat you to dinner today. dessert included." won kissed her cheek deeply as she playfully avoided his smooch since he was all stinky and sweaty from his basketball practice.

"go wash up first won." his kissable lips curved downwards into a pout as he lowered his gaze to the ground jokingly, pretending to feel offended by her words to which she chuckled finding him adorable. "you don't want my kisses? how rude."

"i would love them if you weren't stinky and covered in sweat. go wash up and you can shower me in kisses." the boy slyly stole a quick peck on her lips before he rushed towards the shower room, not giving the time to his lover to react as she just smiled.

as she set herself on a bench situated on the side of the basketball court, haeun glanced one last time at the previous spot she was sat at just to see minji still there glaring at her. if they were in a cartoon you could probably see smoke coming from her ears.

what does she even want from her? she should know her place as jungwon is clearly not interested in her and setting for a boy who's already taken is probably the worst thing a girl could do. in haeun's opinion, girls like that are just desperate.

"i'm done baby~ let's go before my teammates finish and they drag me to a dinner with them." the girl was snapped out of her small trance of thoughts by her lover's soft voice, turning her head towards him just to see him standing beside her with his bag set on the wooden bench and him setting his things inside the duffle bag.

he actually rushed out of the shower room as soon as he finished, and you could tell because of his dripping wet hair, knowing his teammates, including riki, will probably invite him to one of their team dinners. don't get him wrong, he loves spending time with his basketball team, but he promised haeun to go out for dinner tonight and he's definitely not letting her down.

if he crosses paths with riki there's no escape, so he better hurry up.

"your hair's still wet, you're gonna get sick." hearing her words, jungwon grabbed the towel on his shoulder and messed up his hair with it, pushing the cloth inside a side pocket and finally swinging the bag over his shoulder. "does your knee still hurt from sunday's game?"

the shorter pointed at his patched up knee which was completely forgotten by the injured, standing up with her backpack resting over her teres before intertwining fingers with her boyfriend and won shrugged. "not much, i don't find it that bad since i can play perfectly."

she nodded her head, hesitating to ask him about that extremely annoying girl she spoke to before. "won, do you know a girl named kim minji?" his features twisted in annoyance at the simple mention of the infamous girl, clicking his tongue and sighing bothered. "yeah, she's so obsessed with me. she confessed like 3 times and i always rejected her. she's so fucking delusional too."

"was she bothering you? i swear i won't hesitate to embarass—" haeun quickly shook her head with a reassuring grin on her kissable lips, immediately panicking as soon as she heard the last words leave his mouth. yeah, it doesn't exactly excites her that this girl is so obsessed with him, but she wouldn't go to these lengths just for this.

"no no, it's just that she said she came here to watch you practice in front of my face so that didn't make me happy, that's all." jungwon nodded and kissed her crown deeply, liking the small height difference of just a few centimeters between them that allowed him to perfectly plant kisses on her head.

"just tell me if anything happens, okay baby?"

the way yall can already smell the drama probably