🏹 twenty-one

haeun doesn't know how she found herself in this situation

she can't exactly remember how she ended laying on the cold pavement of her room with jungwon beside her, their hands brushing against eachother as they endlessly talked about anything that crossed their mind, deeply immersed into the atmosphere set by the low soft background music and the multicolored led lights on her ceiling.

she doesn't know how this happened, but she is grateful that it did, because it's allowing her to grow closer to the boy she adores so much.

it started because haeun was feeling extremely hot because of the weather, so during their break she laid on the cold ground to find some cooling for her burning hot body. after hearing how refreshing that felt, jungwon joined her in gazing at the ceiling to chill down his body temperature. then haeun turned the led lights on, the music and eventually they started sharing just anything about themselves.

"have you ever been in a relationship before?" haeun questioned him, shifting her gaze from the star stickers glued to her plafond to his perfectly built side profile, staring onto his mesmerizing eyes once he did the same to look at her.

"only like 2 or 3 times. they didn't really last though." not being able to hold eye contact with him for longer than a few seconds, haeun glanced out of his tapioca pearl irises and instead stared back at the white ceiling with cheeks turning crimson and kissable lips pressed firmly into a thin line to suppress the grin turning her eyes into crescent moons.

she isn't sure about it yet, but it looked like love was pouring out of his warm, cat-like eyes when she gazed at him. call her delusional, but she can't deny that he seemed as lost as she was in her visuals.

"what about you? have you ever had a boyfriend before?" haeun's suppressed smile immediately faded off her lips at slight mention of her previous boyfriend which she had completely forgotten about. and it's not like she wanted to remember him anyway.

"yeah, only one, but it was a long time ago. i didn't really feel open to dating until a few months ago." the boy's ears perked up hearing the last sentence, now growing interested in whatever happened to her years ago that she had to stop dating anyone.

he doesn't wanna touch a delicate topic perhaps, he is just curious, and he isn't gonna force her to share something she wants to forgets about if that's so.

"because of him, i've never known what it feels like to be loved." won was now admiring her side profile lovingly, fighting the urge to place an hand on her soft cheek and place his lips on top of her delicate, pink-ish ones.

"may i ask what happened? only if you feel comfortable sharing though."

she doesn't even know herself if she feels comfortable to share this story with anyone yet. she wishes to forget this, leave it in the past, and move on, but a part of her is telling her that he can be trusted to open up her heart and let him know why it's so hard to date again for her.

she opened her heart for cupid again, for him to poke it with his arrow, and let jungwon write his name all over it after all, so she feels like she is ready to tell someone apart from her friends.

"it's just, i really liked this boy for a long time, so i confessed and we started dating. but just when i thought things were perfect, i caught him cheating on me with who i thought was my best friend." the yang attentively listened to her words, appreciating how much she trusts him to let him know such private informations about something he can tell she wants to move on from.

it is not easy to share something so delicate, and jungwon is so grateful he feels trustworthy for her enough to open a wound she had been trying to stitch up.

"so from then on, i didn't really wanna date anyone yet, because i was trying to heal from the pain my first love brought to my heart."

jungwon wants her to feel loved, and he knows exactly what to do.

catch the song reference 😋updating while in spain rn so it's rly cringe

updating while in spain rn so it's rly cringe