Chapter 2- First day- Lunch

After finding a table and sitting down, the group started to get to know each other. Sugawara sat between Kiyoko and Oikawa. the grey haired boy couldn't help but notice the look on the brunette's face as he watched or listened to Iwaizumi. he took a deep breath trying to ignore the feeling in his gut. he stayed quiet during the group conversations, Kiyoko doing the same. The group noticed a few people walking over so turned to see them. Suga rested his head on a hand as the other group talked mainly talking to Yaku, Semi and Iwaizumi. 

Kiyoko's attention was caught by a guy with a buzz cut and boisterous persona. Sugawara saw this and turned his attention to that conversation.

"woah, you're really pretty!"

"thank you" she smiled softly in gratitude.

"say could I take you out for lunch one day?"

"um, that's a kind offer but I'd have to refuse"

Sugawara glanced over to Kiyoko's expression, realizing she was feeling a little uncomfortable. he gently nudged her to get her attention, checking she was okay through his facial expression. he noticed she wanted a bit of help, whispering a 'go along with it' as he wrapped his hand around hers, joining the conversation.

"hey what's going on babe?" 

"babe? oh you're with someone- sorry"

kiyoko smiled reassuringly "it's alright, I'm used to it"

once the others left, Suga let go of her hand apologizing for that. he turned to notice Oikawa's huffed expression. Sugawara stood up, getting Oikawa to do the same and led the boy to a spot they could talk.

"what's the expression about? have i done something since i can tell the huff is toward me"

"why do you think it is?"

"i don't know Oikawa, that's why I asked"

"if you didn't want to be with me, why didn't you say?" 

"wait the thing with Kiyoko? Oikawa that was all fake, the guy was making her uncomfortable. I only did that to get him to back off"

"right- the thing is, Suga, I don't think this is working out- plus i've asked Iwaizumi out"

"you- you asked Iwaizumi out while with me?!"

"i was going to end it with us anyway so yes"

"alright, just-" Suga took a deep breath about to speak being cut off by Oikawa.

"i know it was a shit move, and i hope you can forgive me because i was hoping we could stay friends"

"it was a shit move, Oikawa but you know that, you'll have to earn some of my trust back but sure I don't see the harm in staying friends. plus i know you'll be happier with him then you were with me"

"thanks for understanding Suga" 

Oikawa offered a hug to the boy, nodding in acceptance when Sugawara said he didn't want to, he gave oikawa a random excuse so his feelings wouldn't be hurt more then the truth. Suga just told him he felt Claustrophobic and it wasn't the fact that he was still hurt. Sugawara checked the time, realizing that  he had to head off for his lesson. He waved Oikawa bye as he walked off back towards the MA building since that was where his next lessons was. he checked his phone for any messages, sighing as he had some messages about Platinum. he took a nervous breath as he responded to it, making a note to head their later. walking into the classroom and putting his phone away . he waited by the door as the teacher was collecting everyone's names and sports, he listened to what the others were saying before it was his turn.

"Koushi Sugawara and I do equestrianism"

he relaxed slightly as the teacher smiled at him and was being welcoming before finding a seat and listening into the lesson since it was only an introduction to the subject.