6

Warnings; heartbreak </3

You took out your phone, to Steve; I'm sorry, I can't do this. It's over.

It was over.

Steve looked down at his phone when he heard the ringtone he had just for you. A smile crept onto his lips, but it quickly disappeared. "What is it?", Bucky asked next to him, trying to peek at his phone. He immediately showed Bucky the message, since he had to listen to Steve's rant about you for the past few hours, so he knew everything about your situation. Maybe more than he'd like to...

But it was interesting, he had to admit. So he had listened and imagined how it would be to have a woman in charge. It sounded really...appealing. The whip? Just wow.

After reading the message he looked back at Steve, as confused as the blonde, but less hurt. "I don't know what happened? I didn't do anything-I mean- I...I told her I loved her but...but I thought she felt the same. Do you think it's because of that? Because I said I loved her? God did I really mess it up so soon? Was it my fault?", he started rambling, making Bucky shake his shoulders forcefully. "Shut up, it's not your fault. You have to ask her. Do it now-text her-call her or god, I don't know, go to her place. Talk to her. There has to be a reason-maybe she's scared of the age difference? Maybe...maybe...I don't know", Bucky tried to think of a reason, not even suspecting Steve's father being the cause of all this.

Steve wiped away a single tear from his cheek, that he hadn't even noticed falling. "You're right. I'll drive to her place. And I'll buy flowers-maybe chocolate? I don't even know what flowers she liked-god maybe I shouldn't be her boyfriend. Maybe I'd be a shit boyfriend who treats his girls awfully-" "Steve, alone that you're thinking and worrying about it shows you're great. Let's not jump to conclusions...it's probably a misunderstanding...", Bucky tried to calm his best friend down.

It didn't work. Steve started sending one text message after the oh they, but none of them were delivered. Fuck.

They only had a few minutes left and as soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of classes, Steve stormed out of the room.

He drove faster than usually, pretty sure he also missed a red light, before stopping at a flower shop to buy you roses. Roses were good, right? It's what they always buy in movies.

He felt pathetic. Not even knowing what kind of flowers to buy for a girl. Maybe you were right with ending this...relationship or whatever it was between you two. You had been right about him. He was too young. Just a teenager without any experience in...anything, really. He was still in high school. He never had a job. Barely passed maths...god, he can't even grow a fucking beard. How could he even think he'd be good enough for you?

Was he stupid for feeling so deeply connected to you? Naive? Was it because you were the first girl he had kissed? The first sex he  had? The first...person he ever loved? But you knew all of this. You wouldn't have used him just for fun, he knew that. So what changed?

Steve looked down at his phone, then back to your building and once again to the messages.

What did I do wrong?

Why are you ending this?

I'm coming to your place so we can talk this through.

Don't leave me. Please.

Please answer.

Y/N?

Tell what I did wrong. I'll do better.

I promise.

Is it because of what I said? I didn't mean to.

I mean, I did mean what I said but I didn't mean to say it in a rush. I'm sorry.